??
I once hit a man in Dearborn. Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on goin. I don't know if he's alive or dead. But I'm sorry. Not a day goes by i don't see his face.
Quote by rabbittroopsux
??

Eh, yeah in a way I guess so. Say if you write a sick lead part, being able to play it fluently and clean would take practice and mastering of your picking technique. I mean, for me that's how it was! I usually stay seated though.
Quote by cm880999
Not fast enough.. try playing this song i wrote it's called trolls delight!

heres the progression

A F Bb Gm E C D A Bm C Bm A Bm Bb Bm Cm Cb C Cbm A

played at 883 bmp change the chord every click

its pretty easy though
No. Nothing 'forces' you to develop correct right hand technique apart from practicing with correct right hand technique. If you practice that standing up then you'll definitely be able to do it standing up.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
im not asking if standing up will make you have to play correctly, im asking if it keeps you from using crutches that you may use while sitting, even unknowingly.

i ask because when i stand up, some things feel slightly awkward to play compared to sitting. i was thinking there may be some subtle thing i am doing thats hard to detect. not in the picking motion so much, but in the whole rest of the arm guiding where my wrist and hand are.
I once hit a man in Dearborn. Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on goin. I don't know if he's alive or dead. But I'm sorry. Not a day goes by i don't see his face.
Well, idk about forces you, but it makes you learn a good technique for standing up, so you wont feel so awkward when playing in a band situation. I think it's best to learn standing up, since most guitarists play standing up anyways. If your really anal about your playing, and think your the greatest shit ever, and play everything sitting down, I'll say play it while standing up, most people can't, cause they are so used to sitting down. Best to learn it both ways.
Quote by rabbittroopsux
im not asking if standing up will make you have to play correctly, im asking if it keeps you from using crutches that you may use while sitting, even unknowingly.

i ask because when i stand up, some things feel slightly awkward to play compared to sitting. i was thinking there may be some subtle thing i am doing thats hard to detect. not in the picking motion so much, but in the whole rest of the arm guiding where my wrist and hand are.

Nope, you can still fall back on the same bad habits sitting, standing, laying on your side, whatever posture you choose to adopt. The only sure way is to make sure you practice good technique at all times.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.