So as some as you may know, I was in the hunt for a 2x12. I was browsing GC used section online like always and stumbled across this beast. Pics first, then backstory and review

Earcandy Buzzbomb 2x12 loaded with 2 Earcandy Green Machines!

So I got it from GC for $300 bucks. Crazy deal.

So today it was supposed to arrive and I missed the first delivery. So like an anxious little bitch I went to the UPS place where all the trucks go at the end of the day and I picked up the package. Package was huge

I have been talking with Tim, the owner of Earcandy, for the last week asking how about to get into the speakers since they were front loaded. We talked and talked and we just ended up talking when it arrived.

Mind you GC didn't want to open up the cab and find out what speakers were in it, so I took a chance. And scored.

It came and I took out the speakers, tried explaining them over the phone, and the way I made it sound, we figured the speakers had been switched out for something else. So I took pics and sent them to him. He told me they were Green Machines I was pumped.

One of the GM's has a Sica magnet cap on it. Im not really sure what it means, but I think its good

So review: I'll be getting myself a Jet City head next week so for now I can really only play it through my AC15. But its a sweet cab. I haven't played through many before but this certainly beats out any others I've played. The thing is super heavy and built like a tank. The tolex it gorgeous, and the photos don't really do it justice.

Overall great cab, can't say much about it since I don't have a head yet, but its superb so far.

I'll get some clips up with it once I get my head.

Finally, for those who were complaining about Earcandy and not getting their items, I just find it hard to believe. Tim is the man. He helped me out with so much. Buy from this guy. He's awesome.

2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
schweet. HECCD!
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Blue tolex? What the **** else do you need when you've got BLUE ****ING TOLEX!.

Nice Matt
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
you need a blue head.

congrats on the cab.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by CL/\SH

White tolex.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
$300, that's ****ing awesome.

I've heard some horror stories about Ear Candy, but the cabs are awesome and if you managed to get the cab for an amazing price whilst avoiding all the bullshit, then you just made out like a bandit.
dude that is ****ing sexy as helllllll
HNGD
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by gregs1020
you need a blue head.

congrats on the cab.

Jet City is blue

And yeah it sure is a steal. Speakers are worth 200 as it is.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
Jet City is blue

actually you can change the baffle to a variety of colours now

HNCD
Quote by diceksox1809
Jet City is blue

well let's hear the ac15 through it.

Quote by gregs1020
well let's hear the ac15 through it.

If it ever stops thundering and lightning here I'll break out the camera

EDIT: I kind of dig the white baffle on it. I may get that and keep the front grill cloth off the Earcandy.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at May 7, 2011,
Quote by gregs1020
you need a blue head.

I haz both!

HNCD! Ear Candy makes some sick cabs. Still kicking myself for not picking one up on CL a few years back
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by CL/\SH

Nice Matt

snakeskin tolex.
Quote by coolstoryangus
snakeskin tolex.

If you're not a redneck with a silly confederate flag in your truck window, you're not fail enough for snakeskin tolex.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
White tolex.

No. Maybe blond.
Found me my JCA20h. I think Im ordering it tomorrow
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I have purple tolex. On a Marshall

When the VM first came out, I wouldn't even play one because the purple is hideous and if I liked it, I'd have to buy it.

Quote by MatrixClaw
I haz both!

me too.

a black head and a blue head.

on the jet city, should be a nice rig.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 7, 2011,
What'd you guys think? Jet City or a Tweaker? Im thinking the Tweaker will be more versatile while the JC will be more hard rock oriented.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
man that's a tough call. i'd run them both through the cab at GC and see which wins.
Quote by gregs1020
man that's a tough call. i'd run them both through the cab at GC and see which wins.

Well I think I can get the Jet City right around $200 and the Tweaker right around $300. I think I would only go with the Tweaker if it was really a huge difference.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
They're both damn good for the price. Tweaker will give you more options if that's your thing, the Jet City is a simple head that does what it's supposed to do really well. You can't go wrong either way my friend, just get what suits your needs best.
Yeah, I'm torn between gold and black piping for my build.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When the VM first came out, I wouldn't even play one because the purple is hideous and if I liked it, I'd have to buy it.

I didn't like the colour when I bought it but the sound was just so awesome. It worked so well with my Les Paul. Somedays it doesn't even look remotely purple, just black. But I love it now.
Which one is the newer Jet City? The one with the metal toggle switches or the plastic switches. Which has caused less problems?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!