So i picked up a boss gt-10 that came with the default Roland PSB1-U adapter however i have an adapter I've been using with my standard 9V DC pedals. I would like to use my current adapter with the boss just for the simple fact its more compact and less bulky. I have checked the specs and the boss only draw 800mA and my current adapter has 1100mA; other than that all the specs on both these adapters are identical.

Just because the Roland has an figure 8 cable style adapter and what looks to be a large transformer mean that the other adapter won't work with the boss gt-10? I haven't tried using it just because i don't want to ruin neither the pedal or adapter. Below is a pic showing the two adapters. thanks in advance!

What do you mean by "figure 8 cable style adapter"?
I think you would be fine. The polarity is correct, the voltage is correct, and if the GT-10 really draws only 800mA and the adapter provides 1100mA, you should be good.
Christian Conservative.
Quote by effyeahjade
i outta play my bass through a tenor violin and fireball your house

BC Rich Warbeast NJ Deluxe
Peavey Ultra 2x12
Peavey 5150 cab with Celestions.
Quote by Stormleader
What do you mean by "figure 8 cable style adapter"?
I think you would be fine. The polarity is correct, the voltage is correct, and if the GT-10 really draws only 800mA and the adapter provides 1100mA, you should be good.

i wasnt sure what to call the Roland adapter. It has a figure 8 cable that connects to the main adapter thats why i called it that. See pic below

Oh, that's nothing special. That's just a standard connector. You should be golden then.
Christian Conservative.
Quote by effyeahjade

Peavey Ultra 2x12
Quote by Stormleader
Oh, that's nothing special. That's just a standard connector. You should be golden then.

awesome. i was just a bit iffy because the Roland adapter it comes with it seems very important because it is so big. I mean if they can make an adapter that's half its size/weight why wouldn't they y'know?
That's just a standard Roland\BOSS PSU. I use the same one for my pedalboard. They just didn't want to go to the effort of producing a separate power supply.
Christian Conservative.
Quote by effyeahjade

Peavey Ultra 2x12