If I remember correctly, that's the Alex Lifeson signature Les Paul, that's all. Technically not rare, just uber expensive.

Edit: My bad, it's just rare because of the pricetag.
Last edited by Soccerguy at May 6, 2011,
The Alex Lifeson model is a version of the Standard Axcess, with binding only on the top and a rosewood fretboard. The one in the picture is a Les Paul Custom version of the Axcess. I honestly don't know how rare it is. I suppose, like most Gibson guitars, it will be as "rare" as their sales figures allow.

It looks very nice, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Yeah that's literally just a regular Axcess that's price a little higher because it has block inlays and the frankly very common and cheesy looking silverburst paint job. I hear that the Axcess guitars aren't made that well to begin with too.
IDK, but it's very nice looking.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
a few of my friends have axcesses. I almost bought the Alex Lifeson sig but I couldn't try it without ordering it. They are sweet guitars. That's probably what my next Les Paul will be. They are very, very comfortable guitars and sound awesome.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Meh, I've never understood the silverburst finish. It looks so tacky and cheap to me. But, whatever floats yer boat.