http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ukcy6uq934

I personally don't like it at all. I think I could of done so much better. I was just really nervous and messed up a lot especially on the improv at the end.

Let me know what you think of it. Thanks.

And yes I am a freshman and I go to the middle school. Our high school is overpopulated so we have all of our freshman take classes at the middle school. Kinda sucks.
Last edited by guitarocker100 at May 7, 2011,
Looks like your buddies enjoyed it. So you've got that going for you. Regardless of the different melodies played, it would've been a little better had you used a more liquid transition instead of the hard break between songs and riffs and improv and solos and whatnot.
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's
Quote by datgnat
Looks like your buddies enjoyed it. So you've got that going for you. Regardless of the different melodies played, it would've been a little better had you used a more liquid transition instead of the hard break between songs and riffs and improv and solos and whatnot.

Now that you say it, i just realized it. About the transitions
Quote by BrianFantana
Dude, it was good. You're being too hard on yourself!

Ya I just feel the act overall wasn't as impressive as I could of made it. I actually had a pretty good 7 min act put together but they made me shorten it down to 4 min which kinda ruined it.
sort of unrelated but....

my high school has the exact same drum kit

the bass pedal is a POS

nice playing though
covers were great, i didnt hear any mistakes really. on the improv it was shaky, your bends sounded out of pitch
Moved to Recordings>Cover Songs
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by actaderock
man you threw a lot of songs

Not compared to last years talent show. I think I had something like 15 songs put together. It's on my youtube account if you want to watch it. I actually kinda like that one better even though I am a much worse guitarist in that one.
Last edited by guitarocker100 at May 7, 2011,
Your playing is rock solid, but I felt like you were trying to show off your mad skills rather than to entertain a crowd. The crowd response was great, but it looked as if you were just casing your musical taste and skillz0rz. Try to think of the audience, what do they want to hear? Aside from that, I don't want to put you off because you are a real good guitar player
Quote by vagelier
Your playing is rock solid, but I felt like you were trying to show off your mad skills rather than to entertain a crowd. The crowd response was great, but it looked as if you were just casing your musical taste and skillz0rz. Try to think of the audience, what do they want to hear? Aside from that, I don't want to put you off because you are a real good guitar player

Ya that's why it was really hard to make a good act in 4 min. Like I said before I had a pretty decent 7 min act put together but when they made me shorten it down I basically just tried to pick out the stuff that looked and sounded the most impressive. Obviously if there were any guitarists in the crowd they would realize how easy stuff like thunderstruck and tapping really are, but I just wanted to impress the general crowd.

And actually what I had for 4 min was Thunderstruck, then about 2 min of rhythm stuff I wrote, then the improv. But I decided to replace the rhythm stuff with acoustic because I felt that the acoustic would appeal to a lot of people, then the electric would appeal to the others. It was kinda a risky move though considering rhythm is my strong point in guitar.

And you should of seen the other guitar act. He was definitely only there to show off "mad skills." All he did was improvise a bunch of stuff but he would do things like playing with his teeth and behind his head. His playing was really sloppy and unorganized. But it was stupid because people were so impressed that he was playing behind his head that they don't realize the actual playing was not good. It was clear I was a better guitarist but people that don't understand music wouldn't realize that.
nicely done bud!! i really liked it! the songs choices was great and i loved the acoustic vibe at the beginning too. and you know what? sometimes its ok to be a little nervous...but regardless, it didn't seem like it affected you at all!

if there is one thing i'll critique, it's the transitions. the transitions you made are good ... but if that's the only transition you use, it can make everything seem less "flow"y ... you know? but you seem like a great player ... so you'll be able to think of some unique and fun transitions!

check out my soundcloud page for some of my songs: http://soundcloud.com/ghostsoul-1
Quote by abdulsadiq
nicely done bud!! i really liked it! the songs choices was great and i loved the acoustic vibe at the beginning too. and you know what? sometimes its ok to be a little nervous...but regardless, it didn't seem like it affected you at all!

if there is one thing i'll critique, it's the transitions. the transitions you made are good ... but if that's the only transition you use, it can make everything seem less "flow"y ... you know? but you seem like a great player ... so you'll be able to think of some unique and fun transitions!

check out my soundcloud page for some of my songs: http://soundcloud.com/ghostsoul-1

Thanks.
Oh my god I would have sh*** my pants ! So nervous!!!!

You did great man!!! The crowed LOVED IT!!!! And I too! Was it your songs ?