Hello all, I am from Australia and want to buy a Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Strat. Problem: they cost $3000 here so I was thinking about ordering one from the US for about half the cost. If I bought the following neck and body from Ebay, what would I need to get done to have it assembled and working well? Is there some special way the neck should go on or does it just bolt on? I know I will need to buy a neck plate.
Thankyou all!
It just bolts on man. Is this a trick question?

All you need is the correct neck plate and screws. When you screw the neck on, remember to alternate the screws, like you'd replace a car wheel - screw in, say, the top left screw, then the bottom right, then top right, then bottom left.
I didn't know if anything needs to be aligned or something lol. I don't know heaps about setting guitars up or anything. I was thinking that maybe the truss rod would need to be adjusted or something. I guess not then!
Quote by nathan:-)
I didn't know if anything needs to be aligned or something lol. I don't know heaps about setting guitars up or anything. I was thinking that maybe the truss rod would need to be adjusted or something. I guess not then!

You might need to adjust the truss rod if you fix it on and find that the neck is bowed.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
If it's a brand new neck, or it's been off and sitting around for a while, it will probably need a slight truss rod adjustment.

But I think the answer you're looking for is "Would the neck and body be playable, right out of the box after I bolt them on?" YES, but it may need fine tweaking to get the best action possible.