Page 1 of 2
Hi,

I will like to know all the effect pedal that used Green Day.

My actual equipment is:
Gibson Les Paul Junior Signature Billie Joe Armstrong
Marshall 1959 SPL
Marshall Cabinet AV

Best Regards
I read an article once where Billie Joe said he doesn't use any effects whatsoever, but that was back in the American Idiot days. Perhaps he's changed, but I don't recall him ever using any effects except for Amp Overdrive/Distortion. Maybe a volume pedal.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
But for example in Boulevard of Broken Dreams he uses a pedal for the intro of the song. Which one is?
The effect you're thinking of is a tremelo, and it was prolly from the amp.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

I hate you. I would kill for that guitar. I have no idea what he uses, but I have a Boss Metal Zone and it can get pretty green day sounding.
Quote by Ironpriest
I hate you. I would kill for that guitar. I have no idea what he uses, but I have a Boss Metal Zone and it can get pretty green day sounding.

according to M theory gravity might be a stronger force from another dimension leaking into ours and its weaker here

in what ****ing dimension is your mt-2 coming from to sound like green day?
^ This.

There's a tremolo and a wah on Boulevard of Broken Dreams, wah on Restless Heart Syndrome, an EQ pedal to cut out certain frequencies to get those radio-y tones at the start of songs such as Homecoming and East Jesus Nowhere, you might want an overdrive or boost for solo parts but apart from that you're pretty well set already.
Quote by effyeahjade
according to M theory gravity might be a stronger force from another dimension leaking into ours and its weaker here

in what ****ing dimension is your mt-2 coming from to sound like green day?

Well in my experience, even though it's called a metal zone, it works brilliant for punk and grunge music.
Quote by hollow_burn
You should ask John Lydon.

Am i the only person who found this ****ing hilarious?
Quote by SumFX
Am i the only person who found this ****ing hilarious?

I didn't get the joke :/
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Any one can tell me which EQ will be good? And if they one which one use Billie Joe better.
Last edited by gdbruno at May 7, 2011,
My word chief, excellent posting.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Person with a Gibson and Marshall plexi reissue wants to know what effects to use to play Green Day through it.

Troll?
Better yet, maybe this guy actually IS Billie Joe.

Waiittt dude. You have a thousand dollar guitar. And a slp...... yet you're on here asking these questions.. Please tell me this is a joke.. And that more importantly you don't actually own a legit 1959 slp
You need this amp called the Peavey Vypyr... I've got one, how about I give you it and you give me your Marshall?
Quote by JD2k9
You need this amp called the Peavey Vypyr... I've got one, how about I give you it and you give me your Marshall?

No interested.
I will like to have my own style but I want to know which ones use Green Day to have some ideas.
Quote by Fender/marshall
Waiittt dude. You have a thousand dollar guitar. And a slp...... yet you're on here asking these questions.. Please tell me this is a joke.. And that more importantly you don't actually own a legit 1959 slp

The hell is an SLP?

Quote by gquady09
The hell is an SLP?

Super Lead Plexi
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Oh. At first, I thought the guy just messed up the Les Paul anagram. Guess not...

It seems that he uses a Line 6 DL4 for Boulevard of Broken Dreams. For what I saw in the video they posted earlier, he mainly uses the distortion/overdrive from his amp and sometimes the Boss Blues Driver
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
Quote by DarkLordArthur
It seems that he uses a Line 6 DL4 for Boulevard of Broken Dreams. For what I saw in the video they posted earlier, he mainly uses the distortion/overdrive from his amp and sometimes the Boss Blues Driver

The DL4 is a delay pedal, pretty sure you can't use it as a tremolo. Anyway... Jason's guitar tech said for the most part the intro for Boulevard has been a backing track since they've been having trouble sync'ing the timing. (and that that track is the only track they use... )
Page 1 of 2