http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/world-war-1-hero-claude-choules-our-oldest-man-to-turn-110/story-e6frg12c-1226050397048

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Choules

So this ends an era. 93 years have passed since the end of World War 1, and what do we have to show for it? Is the world really a better place, or did we squander the prospect of peace. When they said "never again" at the end of the war, did they really mean it?

Just thought I'd put this up since Claude lived in Perth and it's quite big news here.
Quote by Dan_5893
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/world-war-1-hero-claude-choules-our-oldest-man-to-turn-110/story-e6frg12c-1226050397048

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Choules

So this ends an era. 93 years have passed since the end of World War 1, and what do we have to show for it? Is the world really a better place, or did we squander the prospect of peace. When they said "never again" at the end of the war, did they really mean it?

Just thought I'd put this up since Claude lived in Perth and it's quite big news here.

Seeing as it happened again 20 years later I'd say no. Seeing as the allied powers are still getting involved in wars.

They also said they would never stand by again and allow genocide to happen again...
that guy is old, which translates to good riddance IMO. Old people should be put to sleep when they reach over 65.
Quote by Fat Lard
that guy is old, which translates to good riddance IMO. Old people should be put to sleep when they reach over 65.

Possibly the most stupid thing I've ever read on UG. Congrats.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by Fat Lard

and the award for the most obvious trolling attempt in the world goes to...
**** off Diamond Dave. RIP Diamond Darrel

and I dont listen to people from New Zealand because they are basiacally North Dakotans to me. as in nonexistant. deal with it bro.
Quote by Fat Lard
**** off Diamond Dave. RIP Diamond Darrel

and I dont listen to people from New Zealand because they are basiacally North Dakotans to me. as in nonexistant. deal with it bro.

Heh, what a fascinatingly antisocial little shit you're attempting to make yourself out to be.
Did you come up with the personality for your online character yourself or did someone help you?

On topic, yeah, real shame, but it was going to happen sooner or later, thank goodness we recorded all those first world war accounts before they all died.
...ahem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Green

EDIT: Sorry, it's still sad news. He was the last combat veteran I think. RIP.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Last edited by -xCaMRocKx- at May 7, 2011,
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Heh, what a fascinatingly antisocial little shit you're attempting to make yourself out to be.
Did you come up with the personality for your online character yourself or did someone help you?

On topic, yeah, real shame, but it was going to happen sooner or later, thank goodness we recorded all those first world war accounts before they all died.

**** you. If it wasnt for my grandfather that shithole known as Burnley would be run by the Ottomans.

Quote by Fat Lard

I ****ing lol'd. So retarded.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Ometh
I ****ing lol'd. So retarded.

I would fight you if I lived in Portugal.

I don't know how it is over in that shitty place that gets on its knees for big old Spain, but old people are kind of bad people. They take away our tax payers money with pensions, 401ks, and medicare. All we have to do is take the olds out to the backyard. then again I am biased because old people run all around me cream **** the old people dolla dolla bills yall
Quote by Fat Lard
I would fight you if I lived in Portugal.

I don't know how it is over in that shitty place that gets on its knees for big old Spain, but old people are kind of bad people. They take away our tax payers money with pensions, 401ks, and medicare. All we have to do is take the olds out to the backyard. then again I am biased because old people run all around me cream **** the old people dolla dolla bills yall

Lol bro, stop trolling, you wont get me to flame you sorry Keep spewing bullshit, youre a moron, but a sometimes-funny moron.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Fat Lard
**** you. If it wasnt for my grandfather that shithole known as Burnley would be run by the Ottomans.

So your grandad was responsible for the fall of the Ottoman Empire?
Did you have him put to sleep when he reached 65?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at May 7, 2011,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
So your grandad was resposible for the fall of the Ottoman Empire?
Did you have him put to sleep when he reached 65?

Sigging this.
Last edited by Dan_5893 at May 7, 2011,
Fat Lard is kinda funny, kinda sad. Kind of a troll too.

On topic: RIP
RIP Gooze

cats