hey guys. i was just messing around on guitarpro and i came up with this section. it feels like it would be the ending of an older metal song, but also transitions into something i cant really describe lol.

i dont really like metal, especially older stuff so me making this is kinda weird, but i kinda like it and might wanna do some more with it. can you guys let me know what you think and help me out alittle? like i said, not a metal fan so any advice would be nice.

have one in gp5 and one in gpx. enjoy
Attachments:
random metal song.gpx
random metal song.gp5
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win
What did you use to make those? neither GP5 nor tuxguitar can open the upper one and the lower one (GP5 file) is empty.

EDIT: got the GP5 file working. The guitars were okay, I recommend using more fifth chords for metal atmosphere. But I think something was wrong with the drum track, its kind of simple. And it could be little faster, its hard to say because i dont know the exact genre of this song. If this was just randomly made then idk.
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at May 7, 2011,
For the intro: Sounds weird, I guess I can see how "older metal" could come up, but I dont think they played in drop A# haha. The thing I would change is to make the rhythm track larger, by adding octaves to the powerchords (like 4-4-4-x-x-x), or maybe even another octave (like 4-4-4-6-x-x), thatll make the rhythm part much more full sounding.

For the next section: I dont know about this. The first thing that felt off was the drum track. The cymbals should not have been doing that, I think a steadier beat would have helped. Try a crash every quarter note or a ride every eighth note. The next thing was the lead track sounded off. First of all, it doesnt stay in key, so that causes some problems, but also, the phrasing isnt great, its just all eighth notes plus a whole note. Im not sure what type of lead would go well over top that riff, maybe just try a harmony or a lead an octave above the riff? I think its the hardest to write leads over riffs.

Overall, its got some work to be done on it. Do you mind C4C?
Thanks for the input guys lol. Like I said I was just messing around and I don't listen metal so I was really just winging it lol. Ya mean, it was in A# cuz I was trying to write some breaking benjamin kinda stuff but then this just came out of nowhere. I might mess with it some more later. And mean ill c4c your piece when I get on a comp, I'm on my phone atm
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win