Page 1 of 2
I know this thread has existed before, but it's now dated and has disappeared into the deepest darkest corner of the pit.

I was inspired to open this thread while reading the "ld pitmonkeys, reunite" thread where many users talked about how embarrassed they were when looking back at their first threads/posts.

So the point here is to quote your first thread (and one of your first posts if you like) and say how much (if anything) has changed since :P

I first joined in order to promote my band and learn how "band stuff" works...think I was 15 at the time.

First thread:

Quote by thedefrockednun
ok heres the deal my band are gna audiion some musicians but none of us want to end up having maniacs at our houses, any advice on how and where to hold auditions??

any help would be apreaciated

No punctuation, AT ALL!!!! Crap abbreviations, spelling mistake...it burns!

Second thread:

Quote by thedefrockednun
Hey, my band is slowly forming and we are gna compose ou own songs but i need some advice coz i'm new to this.

1) is this amp good enough for small gigs?: X Brand X 25R Amp: 75w
2) do u need a manager or record label to record at a studio?
3) how can one find a manager or record label?
4) is epiphone good enough as a guitar for gigs?

help will be apreaciated

I can'T believe how little I knew about anything to do with the music business.

You go!
Oh god. The first four threads I ever made had next to no replies and all got locked. What a retard...

Has anyone ever been called an emo for listening to rock or metal? I have, but I don't know why. None of the bands I listen to come close to being emo.

I'm ready to beat the shit out of myself right now.
Quote by Trowzaa
Link

Anyone a fan of Chad Vader?

Nothing exciting.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

One of my first threads was named "what does poo taste like"
The thread started with "I have no sick intentions, I would just like to know..."

It got closed like 5 minutes afterwards (+ warning)
I deserved that for being the attention ***** I was in those days
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Reporting an error message in the bugs section.

None of my threads have been successful. Well perhaps the official BATracer thread is a minor success

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Does anyone know if there's a way of finding out your actual total number of posts in the forums? As the Pit doesn't get counted. I've only made 302 outside of the pit since I joined, but I have a total of 500 posts since 20th of March this year. So I'd imagine I have around 10k+ posts by now.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Blayney
Does anyone know if there's a way of finding out your actual total number of posts in the forums? As the Pit doesn't get counted. I've only made 302 outside of the pit since I joined, but I have a total of 500 posts since 20th of March this year. So I'd imagine I have around 10k+ posts by now.

dunno, i've got 2600 or so.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Gorelord666
And that's why we love you in the Ban Thread.
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

Quote by AdamDK
Hey, I'm thinking of Painting my strat a different colour. How do I do this? Becuase if i put paint on top of the current paint, I'll peel off when dry. Can anybody help me?

Still to this day I have not done anything to that guitar.
It's embarrassing. Hold on, linking it.

90% of what I say is stupid and should not be taken seriously, but my first thread was made at a time when I took EVERYTHING I said seriously. The penis game....really?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445551

And the worst part is, at the time I thought it was the funniest thread ever
Last edited by Twist of fate at May 7, 2011,
I very rarely post threads. My first one on this account is a cover of love machine that I did in 2006.
(I'm not dodgy and have loads of accounts. My first one had a spaz and mods were lovely and reset it for me)
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by DosMos
and here is something i am deeply ashamed of
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139467
dude, it was an emergency
also, funny how it turned into another debate about the legality of pot
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

My first thread was a "Please tab Ice Nine Kills songs for me"

It was such a bomb. Me, goest and one other guy (who commented once) were the only people in it.

I was such a dick back then too. (As far as I'm concerned)

Some replies to comments:

Quote by goest
Who the fuck is Ice Nine Kills?

Quote by Disturbed_EMG
They're an awesome band. YouTube them, thank me later.

Gimme a break, I was 14.
My first (and only) thread was about when the FBI wanted to sue Wiki for having a high-res pic of the FBI's seal on the Wiki page, when the image was originally acquired on the FBI's website.

It died pretty easily, but there wasn't really anything to the story to discuss. It was really just to let people know that the fibbies were being idiots again.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
"How many TV shows can you name in two minutes?", with a link to some quiz. What a crap thread :/
My first threads were questions like, What should I get for my B-day? And are electric drumkits any good?

One of my first threads that got noticed was titled "The Muse are coming to my school"
Muse did not come to my school, The Muse was some 'artsy' stupid thing my school did. Needless to say I stopped posting in that thread by the 3rd page when i realized i was wrong
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
My first thread was in recordings, asking for tips on writing evil sounding riffs. As you can see, my spelling (read: no spellcheck) was really bad back then.
Quote by muffinduck01
If you have any tips for writing evil riffs i would greatly appriciate it. What im mainly looking for is diffrent scales and what not that sound inheriently evil
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1172985

That thread was actually pretty helpful for me

As for my first Pit thread.....
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192590

As for my first post, it was in a medical question thread. I got yelled at by Deliriumbassist.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1168647
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
This was my first thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1023147

All of my threads have been pretty faily, actually. except for the one I made when there was a snake in my house because snakes aren't faily

Quote by DosMos
Here's the first thread i made (not too bad)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1077416

and here is something i am deeply ashamed of
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139467

I seriously just laughed for the last 5 minutes at this:

Quote by groovitude49
y is everyone getting stoned today, dont u have anything better to do on a sunday. everyone who if tripping right now is a total immature bitch srsly guise grow up
cat
Quote by OldiebutNewbie
dude, it was an emergency
also, funny how it turned into another debate about the legality of pot

I'm just glad i'm not 15 any more and have learned from things like this
My first thread
Quote by -Mantra-
I have a book called "Guitar for dummies" and there is a chapter about jazz chords.
There were some chord names that confused me a bit.

1) x1112x that chord was named as F#6/9, but there isn't any F# in there. And, what does the 6/9 in the end mean?

2) 3x331x named as C11. In that chord C is the highest note, but isn't usually chords named after the lowest one?

3) 2x231x that chord has two names according to the book, C7b5 or F#7b5. Why has it two names?

My second thread
Quote by -Mantra-
I have heard and read from various lessons that, when using the "Picado" technique, you should hold your thumb on the 6th string.
Is this considered as anchoring and should I practice Picado without touching the 6th string?

Here is an example of this technique, in case anyone didn't understand, what I was on about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Jj5Gqz9xQ

Not too bad I guess, but these are also the only threads by me.
Uuuugggghhhhh.....

Quote by Angus_Junior35
I play a Jay Turser SG copy, and want a whammy bar. could i buy a bridge with a whammy bar and then just put it on there and make it work??? please reply!!

Quote by Angus_Junior35
I want a Kahler 7200 Hybrid Tremolo for my guitar, for CHEAP!!!! I don't have too much money, seeing as i only have a paper-route that i get about $20 from a month. But, with X-mas coming up, about 75-100 would be a reasonable price. I live In Keokuk Iowa in the USA. Please reply!

Great Scott, what 4 years have done...
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
My first two threads were in the acoustic forums about Dashboard Confessional in 2006, and I did not return until I entered the Pit in February of '10. I haven't left yet.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
How do you find your first thread? :|
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
^Under your personal info on the left side of your profile there is a button for it
Page 1 of 2