At the local guitar store they only had Kyser Dr. Stringfellow Lem Oil, upon further research it seems it's not a very good choice....and although my SG is a POS (it's also Epi.) I still would rather not F*** anything up. Ya know?

So, if any of you have used it, is it really that bad if maybe I only put a tiny little bit on a towel? Or should I just get another conditioner?

Examples would be nice cause I really have no idea on what to get. Thanks - Kate
I have used it before and never really had a problem with it. Although I have heard mixed reviews about it possibly drying out your fretboard. Personally I really enjoy the Dunlop system 65 cleaner and conditioner. It seems to keep the fretboard clean and not to mention nice and dark for a while.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by Namaste196
It was Verbal the whole time.

Wow I wonder how many people get that reference; not many, I suspect

Anyway, I've used Kyser for ages and it doesn't seem to have done any harm to any of my guitars...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
i can never seem to remember this...is lemon oil good for maple and ebony or just rosewood? i keep hearing different things on what I should use to clean maple/ebony

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
i can never seem to remember this...is lemon oil good for maple and ebony or just rosewood? i keep hearing different things on what I should use to clean maple/ebony

Personally I don't use anything on maple and lemon oil on rosewood and ebony (although I don't use a lot of it in general).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by SYLrules88
Never use anythign on maple, maple fretboards are finished and don't require any oiling or conditioning. If you put anything on them you'll just leave a stain the finish. Ebony fretboards are treated the same way as rosewood fretboards only you need even less of whatever conditioner or oil you use and you do it less often too. For rosewood fretboard you're looking at conditioning it about once every 18 months and oiling it every 18 months if it's good quality or once a year if it's a lower quality board. With ebony you're only going to want to condition it once every three years or so and you only need to oil it about once every two years. Ebony keeps in good condition far longer than rosewood does and even rosewood doesn't need treatment that often.