I've had my guitar set up but there seems to be a problem. When I was playing it it felt great with a very low action but I noticed that sometimes the distorted chords sounded somewhat discordant and really not nice at all. I checked the tuning and it was correct so used harmonics at the 12th fret to check the intonation and again it was fine. I then tried fretting the strings at the 12th fret to check intonation and all were correct except for the 5th string, which was significantly sharp. I've also noticed that the 5th string is buzzing a lot more than the other strings yet the guy who did the setup says he shaved a little off the frets to make sure they were all absolutely level. What is the problem I'm having and what can be done about it?
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I'd take it back to him and have him cover it under warrenty (if you have one) but what kind of guitar is it? if it's a les paul or a guitar that doesn't have a trem on it it could be your saddle. ( again i'm no pro on the matter im just guessing!)
wut.
Bring the saddle back on the 5th string. The intonation is just a bit off
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
It's a Jackson Soloist so it's an OFR bridge. I have no doubt he'll look at it again for me as he's a great guy but he's on holiday until Wednesday so I was wondering what might be the problem and curious as to why the intonation seems fine on the harmonic but not when fretted.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Guitar techs who don't fully know what they're doing. I took my old tele to a tech before i got my new guitar, and I got it back with the intonation completely screwed, a huge bend in the neck, and the new nut I had them put in had an enormous gap and wasn't set properly.

If you are paying to have your guitar set up it should play like butter when you get it back, or at least as close to butter as you can expect within reason from your guitar.
yep
I've certainly had that experience before so I know what you mean but I doubt it's the case here. Hopefully it's just a minor oversight as he isn't just a guitar tech, he builds custom guitars from scratch that have been praised by Guitarist magazine. I've also had work done by him before and it's superb usually.
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
The 12th harmonic is always exactly the octave of the open string. It can't be anything else.

As the 12th fret, when fretted, is out, it's simply that the saddle on the OFR is out of place
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Excellent, then it should be easily resolved