I just purchased my Line 6 Spider IV 150. I love this amp! I have been messing with some presets, and I want you guys to share your favorite setting in any genre!
98' Peavey Wolfgang Special USA "Pat Pend"
Epiphone Les Paul ULTRA
Vintage V100
Fender Stickered Pinecaster Tele
Kramer 5150 Replica-GFS VEH
Fender DG41S NAT
Dean Acoustic
Peavey JSX 212
Line 6 Spider IV 150 212

EVH 5150 BUILD!
Taking bets now on how long it takes for super ninja mod to lock this.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Give me all your money Cath.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Bass - 10
Mids - 0
Treble - 10
Gain - 10

Should give you some nice blues sound.

Can also double up as Metallica's tried and tested tone.

If you want And Justice For All tones just turn Bass to 0 as well

Otherwise just put a cheap modelling amp infront of the spider on insane setting. Sounds just like a recto
inb4lock

Why is it that it seems like only Spider users are unable to read the rules that say not to post these damn threads?
Quote by mespinos
Fizz-8
Bees-3
Mids-0

Come on crank up the bees for god sake, you don't buy an amp of this quality and have them that low
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
150 watts is overkill. See you in a few months when you tire of the spider
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
150 watts spider settings presets
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by Cathbard
Taking bets now on how long it takes for super ninja mod to lock this.

you lost.

the ninja mod is snoooooozing.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Bass - 10
Mids - 0
Treble - 10
Gain - 10

Should give you some nice blues sound.

"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434897

Actually the more I think about it, the more I realise the Spider 4x12 is a pretty good amp. I mean it's not the best, it's high gain is really good but maybe not QUITE as good as a Mesa Dual Rec, and it's cleans are really nice though, much better than a Fender Twin Reverb. I only have experience with the 2x12, but apparantly in the 4x12 they are using technology from NASA for the modelling, really advanced stuff.

Originally Posted by AcousticMirror
modeling is the way to go. honestly. valves are a big hassle. and in like 2 years they won't even make them anymore.

yea the spider valve has issues.

tubes going microphonic and giving out mid gig...

waste. of. money.

I would just like to state i wasnt lieing when i said i heard the best tone i'd ever heard from a line 6 spider when i plugged my guitar straight into the line 6 spider 4x12!

do not listen to anyone calling you a troll. they are just jelly you will have a way better distortion tone than any idiots out there buying expensive tube amps.

OP got tricked into buying a spider

That thread is hard to read
Last edited by Mr.Meh at May 7, 2011,
Throw it in a pool and turn it on. When you pull it out itll get the best tone ever

Edit: Forgot to add that it's called the "power soak" mod.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
In all fairness, though, while not a favored company for me, the Line 6 rig I'm using right now actually doesn't sound all that shitty, with the settings I have it at, with my Jackson.
If you really want to get a good tone out of a Spider, you have to make your other equipment work with it. It's not easy, since they are very sensitive to their surroundings and if the input they get isn't good, neither will be their output.
I suggest you start by stabilising the power supply with a good cord like this one:
http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Audience%20AU24%20Power.htm
Quote by Norse Thrasher
In all fairness, though, while not a favored company for me, the Line 6 rig I'm using right now actually doesn't sound all that shitty, with the settings I have it at, with my Jackson.

Volume set at zero doesn't count.
Quote by TheQuailman
Volume set at zero doesn't count.

Hmm, lookin' at it right now. It's at 2. Loud enough for my room. I don't go louder than like 4. Too loud for my place.
Just in case you thought I wasn't being serious. But no, your sarcasm was not lost on me.
Last edited by Norse Thrasher at May 7, 2011,