Hey, i was wondering if anyone had experience with Godin electric guitars. I have a Seagull acoustic right now, and I really love it. For a pretty inexpensive guitar, to me the sound is better than guitars costing 1000 i played at guitar center. Ive checked out the godin site and really like the looks of the Exit 22, the LGp90 and LGHMB, and the Summit CT. Does anyone know anything about these guitars? And about the Summit, I've read reviews comparing it to the Gibson LP Studio and they all say the Studio is not nearly as good as the Summit.
I used to own a Godin Multiac ACS-SA, which was a great guitar (a tad bright for me though, but the on board preamp allowed me to tame it quite easily).

Although my favorite Godin is the Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin (I haven't played the Kingpin II), which is (in my opinion) phenomenal for the price.

In my experiences with them I have nothing bad to say about their instrument quality.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I have an LGp90 and an SDxt, both are great. The LG's neck plays like a dream and gets great tone for rhythm or lead, never goes out of tune either.
I own the Godin Redline 1 and I love it, great quality and tone
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
Godins are extremely well made guitars. The parts are made in Canada and then assembled in Massachusetts (to avoid import tariffs on a completed product I imagine). They are arguably the best high-quality guitar value out there.

The Exit 22 is a very well-designed and high quality guitar. They sell for under $400 U.S. around my part of the country.

Like Lancer_7, I have both a SD-XT and a LG-P90. The body shapes are similar but they are completely different guitars, however. The SD-XT is HSH configuration with a 5-position switch, mahogony body & neck, with Gibson 24.75" scale. The humbuckers are split-coil so you get 2 great HB sounds and 3 great Strat sounds. It is currently the most versatile guitar, tone-wise, I have.

The LG-P90 has 2 SD P90's with a 3-position switch, maple body and neck, with Fender 25.5" scale. The SD-XT comes with a pickguard; the LG-P90 doesn't have one. The Duncan pickups are hotter than what Gibson uses in the SG Classic, which this guitar mimics very well. It sounds fine through a solid state amp, but simply begs to be played through a tube amp where it can really scream if you let it.

These guitars are so different from each other that it's like they were designed and built by two separate companies. Personally, although the LG-P90's neck is imminently playable it is a bit fatter than the SD-XT's neck, which has a better feel to it IMO, but then I'm a fan of slim necks.

Here's the sad (for me) fact. My Godin SD-XT cost about half of what I paid for my MIA Fender Strat and my Godin LG-P90 cost about half of what I paid for my Gibson SG Classic. The Godins play as well (but not better) as the Strat and SG Classic. I should just sell the Fender & Gibson but that's a lot of inertia to overcome.

I have only one single complaint about the Godins. Both have their strings mounted low to the body. If you use a deep pick attack then it is easy to strike the guitar body. This is simple to overcome by just choking up on the pick a bit, but it's still a minor annoyance. Otherwise, they're hard to beat.
If you like them you should get one. Don't look at the price because these guitars are built just as good as guitars that cost twice as much. I think the reason they are so cheap is because they use Canadian wood which they get for a really cheap price.
they are really very good guitars. they are well designed and well made, especially considering the price. I especially like the summit, which I would compare to an average Gibson LP standard (not a studio)

It's also worth checking out their richmond brand. They're absolutely amazing guitars and they use some really cool electronics and designs