I've been thinking about selling my Peavey Classic 50 in order to get a HT-5 (maybe the head version.) My question is though, can you make a 5 watt amp loud by driving a full stack? Can the HT-5 drive a fullstack and compete with a drummer?
Driving a full/half stack will make your amp sound fuller. Using a head rated for more Watts contributes more to volume.

Ex: My 30W head was roughly the same volume driving a 75W 112 as it was driving a 120W 412. The 112 had speaker distortion.

EDIT: If I was running an HT-5, I'd be sure to invest in a decent mic and PA set. That will up the volume without changing the basic sound of the amp too much.
Maximum volume yields maximum goats.
Last edited by Quinlan at May 7, 2011,
I was just wondering the exact same thing not a hour ago. I have an opportunity to trade into a 15w Blackheart BH15H head that I was planning on hooking up to a 4x12 Peavey XXX cabinet. From what I could find, it would not matter but I would be interested to hear opinions on it as well!
more speakers don't make an amp any louder.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
more speakers don't make an amp any louder.

This, this and another spoonful of this, just makes the sound "fuller"
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
I have no technical knowledge to back it up, but I heard this explained somewhere else in the exact opposite way. Something to do with for every time you double the wattage, you get a +3db increase in volume, and that adding more speakers is a much more efficient way to get more volume.
Quote by Wolffgang
I have no technical knowledge to back it up, but I heard this explained somewhere else in the exact opposite way. Something to do with for every time you double the wattage, you get a +3db increase in volume, and that adding more speakers is a much more efficient way to get more volume.

so you are parroting some bullshit you heard somewhere?

stop posting if you don't know what the hell you are saying.
Ht-5 faces problems driving 12 inch speakers,someone 2 days back was crying about it sounding good with a 10 in speaker cab but sounding crap with an avatar v 212 with v30's
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by gregs1020
so you are parroting some bullshit you heard somewhere?

stop posting if you don't know what the hell you are saying.

+1

And 3db isn't a lot at all.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
@Gregs cool down your put some water in your engine :P:
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
@Gregs cool down your put some water in your engine :P:

i'm out of radiator fluid.

and patience for stupidity.