So I'm looking to get a new orange amp.
Currently I have a tiny terror and mostly play metal/stoner rock (drop tunings lots of bass)
I was considering the rockerverb 100.

I pretty much exclusively play in my garage or outside my house, So I'm thinking 100 watts is a little (a lot) overkill, but will have better bass response for the drop tunings etc)

what do you guys think about having a 100 watt amp and never really needing to crank it up?

I'm not to concerned about costs as it would be one of those things you only buy once.
you don't need 100 watts.

you may desire it though.

100 watt amps can sound a lot different from 50 or 20 watt amps.

it's only a waste if you don't like how it sounds at the level you use it at.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

No doubt Ill never need to crank it. My tiny terror is plenty loud for me as it is, So with the amp I'm definitely not looking for extra volume.

Its hard to just try it out though the store I use needs 50% money down to order them in.
If you get a Rockerverb with 6550's or KT88's, your going to experience much tighter and more defined/detailed low end response out of the power amp than you will with the Tiny Terror. The TT sports EL84's which leave a lot to be desired in terms of low end handling.

Of course, you'll never use 100 watts of output power at home--but then again you wouldn't really need to unless you were really looking to break up the power section. As long as you get the speakers moving relatively well, you can get pretty nice tone and feel out of higher power amps at moderate volumes.
^ +1

Quote by gregs1020

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?