I was wondering if there is any alternative to a builit effects loop seeing as my amp doesn't have one?Maybe some sort of floor unit that does a similar job?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
could u redefine ur question a little more clearly? you dont necessarily NEED an effects loop in ur amp. ya, its definatley a good idea and sounds the best compared to anything else, but u can run all ur stuff right into the input on the amp.

guitar -> pedals -> amp
Yeah I know I just prefer how modulation effects sound in the loop. And to make my question more clear I'm looking for something that does the same job as a effects loop but isn't actually an effects loop. Or maybe kit that I could mod into my amp that I can get into the UK. It can be tube or SS I dont mind

I hope that was clearer h:
It should be possible to mod that amp to add a loop. But I'm not aware of any kits.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
The deal with loops is their positioning in the signal chain. They place your effects after the preamp. No way to fake that. So there isn't really anything that's going serve the role of a loop--other than a loop.
i'll agree with the above statement. only think i could think of is bring it somehwere where they can take it apart and mod it to have an effects loop put in. maybe a new amp even? ive got a pretty nice 6w tube that cost me about $300 us. with effects loop (not sure if thats tube or ss).
I'm fairly sure modding an Effects loop into the JCA20 isn't hard at all if you know your way around tube amps. Shoot a message to AcousticMirror if you want to know more. Do be careful inside though, they really do contain enough voltage in the capacitors to kill you.
Christian Conservative.
Quote by effyeahjade
i outta play my bass through a tenor violin and fireball your house

BC Rich Warbeast NJ Deluxe
Peavey Ultra 2x12
Peavey 5150 cab with Celestions.
Adding a tube buffered effects loop to an amp that doesn't have one already is in no way easy unless you have a LOT of tube amp knowledge.
Also, nobody needs an effects loop unless you're playing weird, ambient stuff.

Phasers and flangers are fine in front, even under medium-high gain, and reverb is what a good room and loud amp are for.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
hey don't call it weird! :P

I would contact jet city. They seem like pretty cool guys and might be able to help you out with modding in an effects loop.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Also, nobody needs an effects loop unless you're playing weird, ambient stuff.

Phasers and flangers are fine in front, even under medium-high gain, and reverb is what a good room and loud amp are for.

Ever tried playing metal with a delay running in the front of the amp? Not a good idea.
Christian Conservative.
Quote by effyeahjade
i outta play my bass through a tenor violin and fireball your house

BC Rich Warbeast NJ Deluxe
Peavey Ultra 2x12
Peavey 5150 cab with Celestions.
Nope. Most high gain stuff is after my cutoff year.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
weber sells a solid state kit and a tube kit I think.

The solid state would be much easier then the tube buffered one. you don't have enough space in the head for the extra tube and the pcb.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer