Hi guys. I'm buying my second amplifier soon. I want a good amp for practicing at home and playing in small/medium gigs. I want a amplifier that works well with pedals, since I've heard some of this cheaper amps do not handle pedals well. The budget I have is about 200 to 300 euros, but I can spend a little bit more if needed. There are so many amps out there, I have no idea what to buy... and I have no chance to try amps, there is no store here. So I'm counting on you guys opinion. Untill now I've been listening and watching reviews on this amps:
-Roland Cube 40XL
-Crate flexwave fw65
-Marshall MG 30 fx
- Fender Mustang II
- VOX VT40+

Between this amps, wich one would you choose? Have any other sugestion?

PS: I play mostly blues, classic and hard rock. Play a lot of Slash (G'N'R, Velvet Revolver, etc);

Thanks everyone.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Mustang, VT, Cube, Vypyr, = good practice amps.
Flexwave= I dunno much about this. Never played one

So, what do you recommend my friend? :/
Quote by Poglia
Roland Cube.

Thanks! Have you ever played one? The only issue is that many people say it doesn't handle pedals well :S
Ive got a roland cube and in my experience it really just depends on the guitar. The built in effects are really cool and the amp sounds nice , its definitely worth the money.

Theres alot of different amp settings and i play alot of guns n roses and it gets a great tone even on a fender telecaster.

Tell us what type of guitar you have and then we could get a better idea of what you should get.
Last edited by burghUK at May 7, 2011,
i have roland cube 30x, and it works with my pedals, but the amp by itself hasn't that much of distortion settings it's more basic, it has some pretty good cleans, but i hate clean i always use a bit distortion....

i would recomend a vypyr
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
my bro has a peavey vypyr i think it's 60w i live in another countrie, but when i played and i saw all those knobs god i knew if i had another it would be like that xD... but for the price i would really recommend it bc you can do alot of good stuff with it i heard you can even program the effects so if you explore it well you might find some pretty good stuff...

i have played in 3 roland cubes 30x all worked fine, but mine once started to smell like smoke (my bros ampli it has like 2 or 3 years, but still give sound...) i use more pedals for distortion...
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
considering you don't play anything too heavy you could probably consider a valve amp (as long as you won't be playing at whisper volume all the time).

how flexible is that budget? you said you could stretch a little, but that might mean 10 euro, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
considering you don't play anything too heavy you could probably consider a valve amp (as long as you won't be playing at whisper volume all the time).

+1

Looking at the budget and the sounds you are after, look for a used Laney VC15. I see them go for 250€ on ebay all the time. Great little amp for classic tones. It will also get along with pedals way better than any of the models you listed in your opening post.

Do you have a distortion or overdrive pedal already? If so, consider a Fame GTA15. It doesn't have a drive channel (so you only get distortion when you turn it up really loud), but it sounds very nice:
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/EUR/Fame-GTA-15-R-15-Watt-all-Tube-Combo/art-GIT0007942-000

Either of these will be fine for small venues, but on a bigger stage (playing with a loud band), you won't really get a clean tone out of them anymore, probably. Looking at the genres you play, I really don't see the need for a modeller like a Cube or something in your case. Both the Laney and and the Fame do the tones you are looking for much better than most cheap modellers (albeit you'll want a dirt pedal with the Fame probably).

EDIT: Also, a Bugera V22 would do your genres really well:
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/EUR/Bugera-V22-Combo-/art-GIT0016277-000
Last edited by TheQuailman at May 7, 2011,
Quote by TheQuailman
+1

Looking at the budget and the sounds you are after, look for a used Laney VC15. I see them go for 250€ on ebay all the time. Great little amp for classic tones. It will also get along with pedals way better than any of the models you listed in your opening post.

Do you have a distortion or overdrive pedal already? If so, consider a Fame GTA15. It doesn't have a drive channel (so you only get distortion when you turn it up really loud), but it sounds very nice:
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/EUR/Fame-GTA-15-R-15-Watt-all-Tube-Combo/art-GIT0007942-000

Either of these will be fine for small venues, but on a bigger stage (playing with a loud band), you won't really get a clean tone out of them anymore, probably. Looking at the genres you play, I really don't see the need for a modeller like a Cube or something in your case. Both the Laney and and the Fame do the tones you are looking for much better than most cheap modellers (albeit you'll want a dirt pedal with the Fame probably).

EDIT: Also, a Bugera V22 would do your genres really well:
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/EUR/Bugera-V22-Combo-/art-GIT0016277-000

Thanks for the help guys. Would the 22 watts bugera be able to play on a medium gig?
I don't have pedals yet, I'm gonna buy them with the amp =D
Yeah, but you probably won't get a really clean sound out of it if you want it to provide stage volume. If you like/can live with somewhat crunchy cleans it'll probably be fine.