Page 5 of 40
Scour features a Chelsea Grin riff. Armageddon opens with a riff ripped off from Thy Art is Murder. That is assuming that my memory is correct. Of course, now I'm biased to tear on you guys for sounding plagiarized, regardless of whether you are or aren't.
Well, I wrote the guitars to the EP and I've never listened to either of those bands. I'd like to see the songs you're referring to.
Quote by twtgd09
Silent Sin - 8/10
http://twoguysmetalreviews.blogspot.com/2011/06/silent-sin.html
Good stuff, dig the recording, Blindead Eyes would be a killer ending, work the last two song in somewhere else.

Thanks for the review.
As for the last two songs, we recorded them really early and we didn't have any other songs at the time.. so it toke us sometime to pull ourselves together and write much better songs.
@MaorHaGeverMeod, I figured that. Ruining the Living would presumably be your newest then? Either way, re-arrange the order, maybe re-record the second to last one, you'll have a solid playlist for a cd.

Mrpopin, it appears my song memory just sucks, i checked the songs I suspected, "***** to a Chainsaw" and "Elysium" and neither one was a perfect match. I have this problem with this genre from time to time where an unsigned band will play a riff or a rhythm, and it'll trigger my memory of the remainder of another song. This is how I remember the songs in my itunes, so whenever another song triggers that mental playback, my assumption is plagiarism. So permit me to apologize and retract the statement, but I'll let matt take your review because I'm needlessly biased against your music now.
Quote by twtgd09
@MaorHaGeverMeod, I figured that. Ruining the Living would presumably be your newest then? Either way, re-arrange the order, maybe re-record the second to last one, you'll have a solid playlist for a cd.

Mrpopin, it appears my song memory just sucks, i checked the songs I suspected, "***** to a Chainsaw" and "Elysium" and neither one was a perfect match. I have this problem with this genre from time to time where an unsigned band will play a riff or a rhythm, and it'll trigger my memory of the remainder of another song. This is how I remember the songs in my itunes, so whenever another song triggers that mental playback, my assumption is plagiarism. So permit me to apologize and retract the statement, but I'll let matt take your review because I'm needlessly biased against your music now.

My band mate asked if you could add the link to our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Silent-Sin/194609797873
Could you guys link it on your own? I can't access your page at this moment.
Quote by twtgd09

Thanks man, much appreciated!
I'm soo sorry about that man, I'm still embarassed by it. I gave your shit a second chance and I'm digging it, but I'm not in a reviewing kind of mood.
Quote by Bluesmetalguy
can you upload it in a different format?
my compy does not like RAR

It's on my profile now!

Inspired by At The Gates, Dimension Zero, The Black Dahlia Murder etc.

Malsrud

Swedish Melodic Death Metal

Debut album The Disclosure available for free listening at
Facebook and Spotify

Mrpopin, I PM'ed you this, but for future reference / covering my ass, I posted a note that I would be finishing your review at an hour where I could think and write coherently, and that the review wasn't done. Your right, I didn't review a single thing. I was going to go song to song. The intro commentary bit was less satire and more hyperbole because i think hyperbole is funny and when i'm running on 5 hours of sleep for two days i write up stupid reviews and save them for later, whether positive or negative. I realized that what I was doing would come across in a much less friendly and jovial tone than i intended, said "screw this" and went to sleep so i could write another review and then tackle yours. I woke up with that on the blog, matt said he thought it was funny, I kept it for the hell of it, I figured most people would get that i wasn't being serious.

Anyway, I'm now using the old quote for a more "studious" purpose. your review will be done in two hours. expect a long one. Here's a spoiler, you did good, i already told you I went back and listened to your music, here's the quote :
07-01-2011, 09:25 PM #176
twtgd09

I'm soo sorry about that man, I'm still embarassed by it. I gave your shit a second chance and I'm digging it, but I'm not in a reviewing kind of mood.

So take it as you will, but imma write it anyway.

And here's the review, clean up the recording, ditch the first two and expand on the last three songs and you've got yourselves some solid shit
http://twoguysmetalreviews.blogspot.com/2011/07/i-destroyer.html
7.75/8
Last edited by twtgd09 at Jul 5, 2011,
Yeah i think he could tolerate to go take a look at the review. If he doesn't, oh well? Its up there, I got writing experience out of it, he got his first terrible experience dealing with a reviewer.
Want to review mine when you get the chance? And be brutally honest thanks man
Yeah let the metal forum do it.

Quality control.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Mulatto, think of it as a forum post thats hosted outside of UG because its too damn big for the regular forums. In this case though, and extra 400 non-UG users can see the post and just click the damn link like we've advised them to so many times.
Quote by twtgd09
Mulatto, think of it as a forum post thats hosted outside of UG because its too damn big for the regular forums. In this case though, and extra 400 non-UG users can see the post and just click the damn link like we've advised them to so many times.

but thats not what it is is it? its a bunch of people sending their music to some randomers who get an elevated platform even though their opinion has the same worth as everyone else (no more worth than spider shit). it just baffels me that people making music would willingly send their music to get reviewed like this.

on a forum people would generally give advice if you seeked it out. reviews are pointless (which is what this blog is about).
Quote by Tragic Mulatto
but thats not what it is is it? its a bunch of people sending their music to some randomers who get an elevated platform even though their opinion has the same worth as everyone else (no more worth than spider shit). it just baffels me that people making music would willingly send their music to get reviewed like this.

on a forum people would generally give advice if you seeked it out. reviews are pointless (which is what this blog is about).

Boxes of Two Guys Metal Reviews brand spider shit ship with 800% more spider shit per box than the forum brand, for the same low, low price of free. Just don't bitch about that fact that you need to reach for it unless your going to buy one yourself.
Heya twtgd09, I have posted here in hopes you would reviews my band ^^.
But you may have passed it without wanting to or, we might not have suffice material for you to base your review on.
I sent you a message, i made the mistake of posting without reading the rules :/, i know....
Anyway ill post again, as i said in the PM i would love to hear what you have to say.
My best regards for your project,this was an awsome idea.

Band: The Archaist
Genre: Melodic/Technical Deathmetal
link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Archaist/131345736893020
Yeah I saw you guys, I'm working on the seventh page of the thread right now, I think I've said this before, I don't review in a linear pattern because if I really don't feel like listening to one genre or another, I'm more likely to complain about petty things than if I just listen to what sounds right at the time. Anyway, give me half an hour then I'll do a review for you guys.

EDIT: I won't have time to do a review today, sorry.
Last edited by twtgd09 at Jul 8, 2011,
Oh dont worry dude ^^.
Anyway thanks for the heads up.I didnt mean to rush in any way, take your time.
Best Regards!
Alright, apparently I will have some time today. Nautkyn, I'm not comfortable writing something with the recordings you have up, when might you guys have some tracked, not necessarily mastered recordings up on your facebook page?