And am really comtemplating buying another...before I go to afghanistan. Is there a problem with having so many? I just really love guitars, they are like my children lol. A new amp is n the way after afghanistan, if u were wondering btw.

If I have the money, is there a problem with this? Most of my friends say there is. :/
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
The only problem you might have is choosing which guitar to play
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
I don't think that it should be a problem having a lot of guitars. I own 7 guitars as well and I use them all. They are in different tunings, deliver different sounds and are quite an expensive room decoration. But so what? Others spend 100€ a night for drinks. Others buy expensive clothes.
We buy guitars and equipment. Nearly everyone collects something. Doesn't matter what it is. As long as you don't have to get into debts, you're fine!
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!
i have about 6 or 7, and granted i don't use many of them, but that's because they are pretty bad, so i'm saving up for a couple of good ones that'll see me for a while, but no doubt i'll see some other guitar at some point that i'll want as well. i don't think it matters how many you have at all tbh as long as you can actually afford it
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
the only big problem with having loads of guitars is that restrings cost more and take a lot more time.

Aside from that, there is no downside. Well as long as you don't have fifty $200 guitars
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well man, Yngiwe Malmsteen has like 200 guitars, so what's wrong with you having 7?

No, seriously, there's nothing wrong with that. Don't listen to your friends.
I have no sig
oh yeah, don't get into debt. that's a given.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The lower end models are projects....I use them as a base for practice on refinishing, wiring etc..

I'm gasing for a yellow guitar, so I'm currently debating between a desert yellow rg, yamaha rgz112, and a carvin dc( depending how much the price goes up).
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
I use 3 of my 5, the other 2 are cased up because they were starter guitars but my main 3 are all great and I use them all. Go for it haha. I could get a guitar and the same day it's delivered I would start looking on Musicians Friend for another one
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I have a cello, a fretless acoustic-electric bass guitar...and 9 guitars, one of which I just got a week ago.

I think your problem is you don't have enough!

Aside from going into debt, my main concern is that you have someone who can care for them while you're deployed.

Also, are you taking one with you? Music is a great ambassador.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 7, 2011,
as long as they aren't all in the same tuning and your not in debt there's nothing wrong with it
It's addictive, but not detrimental, as long as you can afford things like food.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I have a cello, a fretless acoustic-electric bass guitar...and 9 guitars, one of which I just got a week ago.

I think your problem is you don't have enough!

Aside from going into debt, my main concern is that you have someone who can care for them while you're deployed.

Also, are you taking one with you? Music is a great ambassador.

Haha, I must agree that I do not have enough.

I am leaving at my parents house, I'm gonna brief my dad about hot to take care of them( mostly oiling the fretboard.) I was wondering though, they are in a guitar rack atm, would this be a problem as far as sitting for a year? Aka warped necks?

And I plan on taking a cheaper nylon acoustic, kinda explore different tastes for a year.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Last edited by BreeBreeMiikey at May 7, 2011,
my brother was an army ranger an blew a lot of his cashola on stuff, an now regrets it an works a pretty crappy job,

if you can do it id say go for it but dont leave beyond your means because you dont know whats gonna happen over there
Quote by effyeahjade
my brother was an army ranger an blew a lot of his cashola on stuff, an now regrets it an works a pretty crappy job,

if you can do it id say go for it but dont leave beyond your means because you dont know whats gonna happen over there

Sorry to hear man, but life is brutal sometimes. :/
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by effyeahjade
oh no dont feel bad, he got kicked out for conduct issues
dishonorable?
If so, then yeah, that will **** you up in life, basically like being on parole.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by Ippon
Do you think this guy has too many Fenders?

Yes...but I'm not a Fender fan.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey
The lower end models are projects....I use them as a base for practice on refinishing, wiring etc..

I'm gasing for a yellow guitar, so I'm currently debating between a desert yellow rg, yamaha rgz112, and a carvin dc( depending how much the price goes up).

Dude, **** your friends. If your a decent player, have the money and want the guitars to actually play then you have every right to own as you want. If you have 50 guitars and use 2, that's just a shame, but if you use every one there is no problem with that at all.

May I suggest adding an Ibanez S540 DY to the list? (if you can find one)
It was basically my dream guitar, and one day one of them just popped up on kijiji in the HSH configuration I wanted and everything. My jaw dropped and I sold some shit asap to get it. I ended up spending $600 on it totally mint, literally used 2 times since 1990 and stored in a case. I installed some Dimarzio D-Activators and a single coil cover and ended up with this.

Sorry. I just love showing that guitar off haha.
Last edited by Levi79 at May 7, 2011,
Levi, I ****in love that guitar...my dream ibanez is a 540PII in DY
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Honestly? New amp dude.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
Honestly? New amp dude.

Hey guy, can you read? The first post states I will be investing in one after this deployment. Most likely an all tube amp.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by Levi79

dude that is awesome
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its your hobby not theirs lmao ppl collect trading cards and treat em as their babies you get guitars and treat em like babies nothing wrong with that, only when a woman says throw em out D;<
I can only assume your friends don't play guitar......... coz any guitarist i know doesn't question what gear you have.... only what your getting next!!

Chapman ML2 x 2
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epi Les Paul Custom (EMG 81/85)
ESP Ltd EC-256 (SH4jb/SH2n)
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by syzee
I can only assume your friends don't play guitar......... coz any guitarist i know doesn't question what gear you have.... only what your getting next!!

+1 +1 +1
+1 +1 +1
+1 +1 +1
first of all... are you going to afghanistan for military reasons? if so, god bless you and you can buy whatever the frick you want, and i hope some of my tax dollars helps that.

secondly, iv seen jackoffs spend way more money on their retarded little cars that sound like go carts than those 7 guitars cost. its a hobby, and you spend whatever you can on it. wheres the problem??
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
as long as you didnt put your self in debt to buy them then there is no problem. its your life spend your money on what makes you happy
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
So long as you want them and can afford them, nothing wrong with that. I never tell anyone they have a problem because they have too many video games or a TV that's too big, or clothes that are too expensive. You only live once, why not get what makes you happy?
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
first of all... are you going to afghanistan for military reasons? if so, god bless you and you can buy whatever the frick you want, and i hope some of my tax dollars helps that.

secondly, iv seen jackoffs spend way more money on their retarded little cars that sound like go carts than those 7 guitars cost. its a hobby, and you spend whatever you can on it. wheres the problem??
yeah for military. Reasons...definately wouldn't vacation in that shithole. But thanks I appreciate it.

Yeah, plus I can hand my guitars down to my kids if I ever have any...I think that would be kinda cool.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Yeah, because you could've bought 2 or 3 high end ones instead of 7 mediocre ones.

That's basically no help to the TS besides being rubbish.

I'm willing to wager that those 7 guitars that you consider mediocre. Are getting progressively better with each new instrument.

Just because someone didn't flip an older and "lower quality" instrument after getting something nicer doesn't mean they could or would have the money to get a high end anything.

Buying one guitar a year four years in a row each one a little better than the best one you already have.

$500+600+700+800=2600

For most people would be more enjoyment than "saving to get something good" and playing the same $500 instrument three of four years.

Getting at least 3 more new gear days to keep things fun and exciting.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey

How about an Atomic Guitar Works Standard? They make a very bright yellow model.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
I last counted 14 and don't know the real number.

More the merrier and good luck over there.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt