I'm looking between the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, and the LTD Eclipse 2, ive tryed only the LTD, i need to decide which one to get, what are some pro's and con's of each of these guitars?
seeing as how i technically own both of these, having a hardtail hellraiser and an ec-1000

ill tell you my ec seems brighter with a tad more sustain but since you're looking for the FR hellraiser it might be equal, the coiltaps on the hellraiser offers nice variety but i never find myself using it cept to play around or to copy a band that has a super noticable thin single coil sound which is only one i can think of

im 5' 2" with shoes on and a girl i can play the schecters neck no problem unlike most of the other people on here seem to, but id say maybe the ltd wins there cause the schecter is really round and the ltd has a nice thin flat u and it

i threw my ltd off a 3 story balcony when i was drunk and even with a huge crak down the side of the neck, after a truss rod adjustment it plays an intonates perfect

theyre so similar actually id really have to say it comes down to aesthetics, honestly thats the only real difference i can find that an the emg 81/60 seems way better than the 81tw/89 but you can always change that to suite

anything else you wanna specifically know just ask
The ltd is better quality. schecter is good but they all have issues tbh, (I own one) They fall out of intonation easily. Ever one I've owned has done so
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
How does intonation change? It has an original floyd rose, the only thing that should make it change all the time would be changing the guage the strings your using, shitty adjustment wedges, or a shit bridge (which isnt the case).
Quote by effyeahjade
im 5' 2" with shoes on and a girl i can play the schecters neck no problem unlike most of the other people on here seem to, but id say maybe the ltd wins there cause the schecter is really round and the ltd has a nice thin flat u and it

i threw my ltd off a 3 story balcony when i was drunk and even with a huge crak down the side of the neck, after a truss rod adjustment it plays an intonates perfect

5' 2"? are you even old enough to drink?

Anyways, my Schecter holds in tune perfectly but I don't have a Floyd on it. I cant' really reach the high frets as easily on the LTD.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I would take the EC1000, its a proper guitar.

Schecters have always felt like toys to me.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Jaredmkl
The ltd is better quality. schecter is good but they all have issues tbh, (I own one) They fall out of intonation easily. Ever one I've owned has done so

Considering they are built in the same way and probably in the same factory,that's kinda weird.Anyway,I know about friends changin from LTD to schecter,so that's the same thing.

The main difference is the neck,which is fatter for the schecter (though many hellraiser have different necks one from another),so I'd be fair to try them both if possible.

Also consider,Elliot,that many forums are just full of guy who totally love to despise some brand without even have tried them.Just for mmm fun? So test those guitars by your own and decide man
Quote by ZaÐ
Considering they are built in the same way and probably in the same factory,that's kinda weird.Anyway,I know about friends changin from LTD to schecter,so that's the same thing.

The main difference is the neck,which is fatter for the schecter (though many hellraiser have different necks one from another),so I'd be fair to try them both if possible.

Also consider,Elliot,that many forums are just full of guy who totally love to despise some brand without even have tried them.Just for mmm fun? So test those guitars by your own and decide man

They feel completely different though, not only is it a neck thing, its the frets, the glossy shit they use and I swear they also use lower quality starting wood, iirc there were some interesting pictures of one posted showing some majorly large wood knots etc etc.

The Schecters, like LTD have undoubtedly gone down hill in recent years, but when Schecter started at a lower level of quality already...

None of the current Schecter models are competitive when compared to the LTD 1000s

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
They feel completely different though, not only is it a neck thing, its the frets, the glossy shit they use and I swear they also use lower quality starting wood, iirc there were some interesting pictures of one posted showing some majorly large wood knots etc etc.

The Schecters, like LTD have undoubtedly gone down hill in recent years, but when Schecter started at a lower level of quality already...

None of the current Schecter models are competitive when compared to the LTD 1000s

I tried many high end diamond series schecters,and never felt them "like toys",same for LTDs.Always found both brand just right instruments for their price.Dunno if in europe we are lucky and do receive only the "awesome pieces",but i seriously doubt this.
A friend of mine just got a chinese hellraiser,and thats a really good metal guitar anyway.
i own both and i say they are the same. besides minor neck feel

/thread

http://i53.tinypic.com/b4ey6e.jpg
and yes i did censor embarassing background items, not as bad as a picture i took last night in which i was accidently infront of a vibrator commercial but still
Quote by effyeahjade
i own both and i say they are the same. besides minor neck feel

/thread

http://i53.tinypic.com/b4ey6e.jpg
and yes i did censor embarassing background items, not as bad as a picture i took last night in which i was accidently infront of a vibrator commercial but still

I played a EC1000 with that finish 2 week ago,but the flamed maple was not this nice!Really really nice man!
i got this jem back in 2008 but i think the serial number implies a 2007 date of creation, idk if that effects anything
and my schecter is from right when they started putting the coiltaps in it, late 08 i believe

the camera does it no justice as all
im still debating, like i said ive tried the ltd, im a lefty so its very hard to come across decent guitars that have them in stock, i tried the omen extreme-6 fr which they had in lefty. The only thing thats very different that i noticed is the weight, ltd is way lighter, and the ability to reach the high frets, where the omen is better, and the fact that the omen has a floyd rose and ltd does not.
Quote by Tom 1.0

i remember this thread. though the model Schecter that the user had was one of the $300 Omen's; the lowest end model, so it's hard to really say that all Schecters have poor wood.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I'd go for the LTD Personally.

The neck profile on Schecters is pretty thick. Almost Gibson LP like. LTD, I like to say is a "good handfull" not too thick, not too thin. I sometimes wish my Ibanez necks were thicker when playing more rhythmic stuff, but that's not very often so no problems there.

IMO LTD all the way. Better reputation and build quality as well.
i still fail to see how either of them have thick necks in the slightest my jackson feels thicker an wider than both

ill sell you my schecter? =p
hah im really trying to minimize my gear
Quote by effyeahjade
i still fail to see how either of them have thick necks in the slightest my jackson feels thicker an wider than both

ill sell you my schecter? =p
hah im really trying to minimize my gear

I would but im a lefty
ive got a c1 hellraiser hardtail and it is truly the nicest guitar ive owned. i have tried to keep other guitars on hand but i keep returning them because they just dont stand anywhere near the schecter. the neck isnt as slim as a wizard or anything like that but its not fat. imo, it feels perfect. the cutaway is deep enough to get all the way up to the 24th fret. personally im not a huge fan of floyd rose cuz they can be a pain in the ass if u dont have multiple guitars if u play in different tunings/back ups if something breaks.

but i'd reccomend the schecter all the way