So the word "New" in the phrase "New Stuff Day" should be taken loosely. It's more of "Here's your stuff that you have been waiting over 2 years for." Let's just put it at, "I've got some family problems." This thread explains a little more about why my gear was "missing" for 2 years, pics in it as well: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426702
Anyway, since most of you don't read the text in these threads anyway , without further adieu, here are pics:

Mesa Boogie Road King Series II with Road King 2x12 cab:

RMC Wheels of Fire:

Now the next pedal is actually something I picked up recently. Now that I had my amp back, I was really GASing for a new OD. Let's just say I wanted to make a compulsive decision, no pun intended. I went to my local big box music store and played around with a few different ODs before I found one that I really liked. It at least sounded good on the Egnater I played it though, so I figured I would take it home and play it through the Boogie. Sure enough, it sounds awesome. I can get a nice crunch on channel 1 and it adds really sick dynamic response on leads when paired with channels 3 and 4. If I keep the drive low and boost the volume, it sounds godly.

OCD v1.4:

The whole rig:

And that sums it up. Some more gear was in the shipment from my former place of residence, a Vox AD-50, a GT-10, and a few other items. I'll post more pics later on in the thread if I get enough requests to. I'm excited to get back out and play again, especially in a new city. I've also got to get back to posting on here, I miss the GG&A family!
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Last edited by FLCLcowdude at May 7, 2011,
shoulda gotten a 4x12
jk
hnsd
i read the text

Also; have you cranked it yet?
its not an amp unless you crank it...
dont tell me its too loud, i cranked my jsx without earplugs. and played it for like, 15 mins like that.
Last edited by LolCatGuitar at May 7, 2011,
Quote by LolCatGuitar
shoulda gotten a 4x12
jk
hnsd
i read the text

Funny you say that. I actually had a 4x12 oversized recto cab in a road case I bought off craigslist about 2 years ago. Let's just say it was about 150 pounds and really hurt to transport. This 2x12 is already like 60 pounds, haha.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Insane setup, I bet it sounds awesome.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Quote by walkingminstral
Insane setup, I bet it sounds awesome.

Oh yeah, definitely. I forgot just how good it sounds until I played though it again. I absolutely love the versatility.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
When I saw this thread, I was like hey this is the guy with the road king! Then the NGD happened to kinda be about said road king. Luckily, it is such an epic amp that it still made for an awesome NGD haha

And that sucks about the guitar, kudos to you for taking the high road. You've got my respect.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
So you message me on FB, then log off?

I see how it is, ya jackass.

Glad you got your shit back brah.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at May 7, 2011,
Quote by MatrixClaw
So you message me on FB, then log off?

I see how it is, ya jackass.

Glad you got your shit back brah.

Haha, nooo. It said you were offline. I was like WTF. Stupid FB chat.

Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by sonic_777111
That's a really big footswitch...

Masculinity issues?

JK, GREAT F'N AMP. Too damn complicated for me, but I love it!

Also, since it's a Road King, I want some LoG tones. NAW
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
Masculinity issues?

JK, GREAT F'N AMP. Too damn complicated for me, but I love it!

Also, since it's a Road King, I want some LoG tones. NAW

Haha, it sure is. The worst is that the footswitch cable didn't come in the shipment so I had to buy a new one. Fortunately my local Mesa dealer always carries one in stock. Damn 8 pin MIDI cables. I will get some br00talz going once I get paid mid month. I wanna pick up 2 SM57s and do some cool stereo mixing with the cab. It has an open back Black Shadow and an closed back Vintage 30 which yield vastly different tones. I'll get some clips up soon.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
That 50 foot extension cable must add the toanz!! HNAD!
My Gear:
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe
Epi Les Paul Special Plus
Seagull S6 Original
Pitchblack>Tubescreamer>Xotic AC Booster

My Band - A Waste Odyssey
Quote by trevh
That 50 foot extension cable must add the toanz!! HNAD!

Haha, indeed it does. Works like a variac, the voltage drop across the cord makes the toobz sag more.

The only reason it's on there is because I don't have my much more manageable 8 foot extension cord anymore. Mesa puts a "permanent" installed cord on the amp from the factory. Basically a standard C17 power cord, around 10 feet long, that is held onto the case with a small screwed in strain relief. When I would carry it in the road case, I hated having to wind up the cord and put it in with the tubes. I was always afraid the plug was going to hit one of them too hard and hello 60 dollar repair. So to make matters easy, I removed the longer stock cable and put that little 1 foot long C17 cable on so I could just add the power cord when I needed without having to reach around the tube protection bar into the back and plug the longer in. It was a pretty easy solution to a semi stupid design, IMO. However, I know the reason Mesa put the cord in there to begin with is because they ran out of space on the back panel for the power connector. Just look at all those other switches, knobs, and jacks back there, haha.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
HNGD, must be comforting to know after everything you went through that your rig pwns about 99% of all others out there

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993