So I've been looking for a new amp for quite a while now, and I've basically narrowed it down to two amps, The Peavey Valveking 112 and the Blackstar HT40 Club. I've tried both of them out and I do like the Blackstar more than the Peavey, but it's also much more expensive. I liked the tone of the Peavey, minus the speaker, and I believe I'm looking at 500 for the Valveking amp, and another 150 to change the speaker to a Celestion. For the Blackstar I've found it for just under 800 dollars, but can probably get it for closer to 700. So my question is, which is the better option? Is the Blackstar worth 2/300 dollars more than the Peavey?

If it helps I play metal but also need a very nice clean tone.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
You can find a used valveking for about $250 easy. What kind of metal do you play? And what's your exact budget? Is there any reason why it's just these two amps, there are probably several more that could fit the bill for you wonderfully.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
sorry but i gotta plug that fact that my amp is for le sale

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27132571#post27132571

id say im not being too much of a prick considering its jsx clone with unarguably good cleans an v30s thrown in
Quote by Major Sparky
You can find a used valveking for about $250 easy. What kind of metal do you play? And what's your exact budget? Is there any reason why it's just these two amps, there are probably several more that could fit the bill for you wonderfully.

Well I play a lot of Opeth kind of stuff so I'd like to have a very heavy but good natural sounding distortion and also a nice clean tone. I also play any kind of metal from classic Metallica to Cannibal Corpse. So I want a good range of distortion.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Quote by MasterOfCows
Well I play a lot of Opeth kind of stuff so I'd like to have a very heavy but good natural sounding distortion and also a nice clean tone. I also play any kind of metal from classic Metallica to Cannibal Corpse. So I want a good range of distortion.

Look into a used Peavey XXX. One is sure to come up in your price range. It's pretty versatile and will blow the Valveking and Blackstar out of the water.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
Look into a used Peavey XXX. One is sure to come up in your price range. It's pretty versatile and will blow the Valveking and Blackstar out of the water.

isnt that what i basically offered him?
Quote by effyeahjade
isnt that what i basically offered him?

No, you offered him a crap clone of a XXX. One that will probably catch on fire.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by effyeahjade
its a clone of a jsx, its the xl version and mine was made after the burning clip =p i just assumed for only maybe 275$ it would be a good deal

Regardless, this isnt the classifieds forum, you posted your link and he isnt interested so shush.

When TS could buy a much better amp ( I owned a 333xl and i know its limitations ) with his bugdet, either try and help out or stop pushing your 333 on him.

TS just so you know, Opeth use Laneys and Boss GT8 modling pedals iirc.

For $700 I would be looking out for something like a Peavey XXX or if your after something with more gain, you could keep an eye out for something like a Mesa MKIII if your willing to look long and hard enough.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by MasterOfCows

sorry but a VK isn't going to really get you what you want. the clean channel isn't bad at all but it won't get you CC or other really heavy sounds without a fair amount of help. if you want to use natural amp distortion then i'd look elsewhere. i own a VK and while it's great for stuff like 70s-early 80s Judas Priest or Maiden it doesn't get the really heavy sounds without an overdrive or using a metal distortion.
Quote by MasterOfCows

sorry but a VK isn't going to really get you what you want. the clean channel isn't bad at all but it won't get you CC or other really heavy sounds without a fair amount of help. if you want to use natural amp distortion then i'd look elsewhere. i own a VK and while it's great for stuff like 70s-early 80s Judas Priest or Maiden it doesn't get the really heavy sounds without an overdrive or using a metal distortion.