I have a projector that has a VGB female on it. Can I get a generic female RCA to male VGB adapter cable to plug my XBOX video to it or do I need the Microsoft cable that goes straight from the XBOX to VGB?

The projector also has S-video input, if that is an option, let me know.

I just don't see why I would need a $50 microsoft xbox cable when I can just use adapters.

TL: DR
Will this cable connect an xbox to a computer monitor?

Or do I need this cable only

*edit* I can get both cables for cheap online, but I want one now and stores carry the microsoft cable for $30 or more.
Firstly, it's VGA.

And yes, use your original xbox cable, then a female RCA to VGA adapter. They are very common.
Quote by Horlicks
Firstly, it's VGA.

And yes, use your original xbox cable, then a female RCA to VGA adapter. They are very common.

This will work for projectors, but not monitors.

Just telling you for future reference.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
Quote by RG5EX1
This will work for projectors, but not monitors.

Just telling you for future reference.

Well, that really depends. The issue here is that composite video and VGA/ Component video use different types of signal transmission to display an image that are not compatible with each other. The first cable he linked to has those connectors because the VGA connector on the device that breakout cable is meant for has the ability to carry the composite video info on the VGA connector. It's simply to just save space on the back of the device or to make people buy the cable that comes separately to make money. Engineering vs Marketing department depending on how you think of it. Depending on the circuitry of the projector or the monitor, he would be better off using the Xbox component video cables with a VGA to PY, PB, PR also called Component video to VGA adapter. And that will only work if the monitor or projector supports what is called, "Sync on Green". Basically the horizontal and vertical picture sync is carried in a digital encoding on the green or Y connector. The easiest solution in this case is just to buy the more expensive VGA cable in the second link.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.