Just getting into the various aspects of recording. Wondering if anyone has any favourite/recommended compressor plugins which I can use with Cubase LE 5?

I want a tone similar to Mark King, not sure if that plays a part at all.

Sorry if this is a ridiculous question.
Last edited by mikka23 at May 7, 2011,
As far as compression goes, cubase's stock compressor works fine. If you have to have vst's Sonalkis, Izotope, and IK Multimedia make really good vst's
Should be under your vst plugins already. It is under dynamics I believe... I'm trying to remember where it is in the default setup. I've completely changed my Cubase from where it originally was set. If it's not there just look in the help manual.
Thanks I will check next time I record, otherwise look up the ones you mentioned.
alright...how do i listen to the track through my speakers after ive unplugged my guitar and plugged my speakers back into my tower?
Quote by vjferrara
As far as compression goes, cubase's stock compressor works fine. If you have to have vst's Sonalkis & Izotope make really good vst's

Fixed, never really been an IK Fan. Tried Amplitube and scrapped it for being too digital, Sampletank was kinda disappointing & T-Racks were alright but with what I got with my version of Pro Tools didn't give me enough reason to upgrade to the full version.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by alicewei
alright...how do i listen to the track through my speakers after ive unplugged my guitar and plugged my speakers back into my tower?

I'm not really understanding what your situation is but if it's what I'm thinking it should be just turning off the active monitoring in your daw
Quote by vjferrara
I'm not really understanding what your situation is but if it's what I'm thinking it should be just turning off the active monitoring in your daw

Hes a spam bot, he posted the same thing in about 5 different threads. Look at his sig.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp