Right, like all film threads, this will have spoiler potential, so read with caution.

Let's all sit down and have a lovely chat about how this film made us crap our frilly pink knickers.

Who remembers this bit?
I swear to God I jumped about three feet in the air and yelled pretty loudly. I shat my pants. I can't look out of a dark window for fear of seeing that face.

That thing looked like the bastard child of Darth Maul and Edward Scissorhands.

I though as a film it was rubbish, but it had a lot of jumpy moments that scared the bejesus out of me, and I'm usually pretty good with scary films. The second half when he was having his out-of-body experience was not as scary as the first half. I also found the ending to be a tad predictable and a little crap.

So Pit, what's your opinion?
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I'm a bit dubious about it since everyone was saying the same things about Paranormal Activity, which was beyond shite.
Suddenly, lightsaber attack.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
The second half was ridiculous, completely ruined any tension that the first half built up.

Darth Maul was scarier than the fire demon that kept popping up.
I think it's a masterpiece. it has inspired me as a person to change the direction my life is heading in, to treat my fellow man with more respect, to give credit where credit is due.
Quote by MakinLattes
I think it's a masterpiece. it has inspired me as a person to change the direction my life is heading in, to treat my fellow man with more respect, to give credit where credit is due.

*Insert "Not Sure IF Serious" jpg.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by andyscoot
I'm a bit dubious about it since everyone was saying the same things about Paranormal Activity, which was beyond shite.

This.

PA and Insidious both suck.
Haven't seen it, but it shows the part with that demon thing on the advert which probably ruins it a bit.
Quote by Horlicks
Funny how everyone is saying it sucks, when it has 7.2 on IMDb

Oh well, someone else liked it, therefore i must like it. Bullshit logic.

Besides, a ton of movies have that score.
Quote by andyscoot
Oh well, someone else liked it, therefore i must like it. Bullshit logic.

Besides, a ton of movies have that score.

A ton of good movies.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
In your opinion.

OPINION.

O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

But it's also the opinion of the majority. Anyone who disagrees is technically in the minority.
Wow. Holy shit, seriously?

'Anyone who disagrees is technically in the minority'? You're an ass. You really, REALLY are.

It doesn't matter whether 1 person or 1 million people share the same opinion, it's still fundamentally different from person to person. It's still THEIR opinion.
Quote by PaulyVengeance
Wow. Holy shit, seriously?

'Anyone who disagrees is technically in the minority'? You're an ass. You really, REALLY are.

It doesn't matter whether 1 person or 1 million people share the same opinion, it's still fundamentally different from person to person. It's still THEIR opinion.

So basically it's a waste of time to every discuss anything concerning movies?

If a movie has a high score on a site like IMBD, chances are it has some good quality to it, which means it's likely you get something out of watching it. It's not a guarantee, but a hint, and it's worth noting.
What I'm saying is, it's probably a decent film, and y'all hating.

Or you just had crap taste, which is likely considering your A7X avatar.
i watched the trailer for it, paused it when darth maul popped up, and turned my laptop off and threw it in the bin
Irons
Meh, it had some cool parts, cool idea, I just found it hard to take seriously near the end.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
That picture looks like something from the Mighty Boosh. Glad I havn't paid money to see it, I'd end up pretending to be the spirit of jazz the whole time.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
That picture looks like something from the Mighty Boosh. Glad I havn't paid money to see it, I'd end up pretending to be the spirit of jazz the whole time.

You liked Drag Me To Hell didn't you? It's meant to be similar to that.
Less comedy though.
Quote by Horlicks

I'm terribly sorry that I have a different taste in music than you. I bow down to your all-knowing power.
Quote by Horlicks

Flawless execution.
Quote by Horlicks
You liked Drag Me To Hell didn't you? It's meant to be similar to that.
Less comedy though.

It worries me that you remember that. But the whole point of DMTH was the comedy, so if it's less comedy it just sounds like it's confused. I wasn't gunna see it anyway tbh.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by PaulyVengeance
I'm terribly sorry that I have a different taste in music than you. I bow down to your all-knowing power.

Christ, someone get this kid a pacifier.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Didn't see it. Looked like the average run of the mill horror film to me.

Horlicks, I've seen you pull the "It's got a good score on ____ therefore it's good" thing before. You gotta switch up the trolling bro, or we'll just get used to it.
Last edited by cornmancer at May 8, 2011,
holy shit

I am legitimately disturbed by that, although it kinda looks like smile.jpg
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Well, I dont understand the hate. I really love the horror genre, and I think its the best thing to come out and garner attention in the states in the past...oh, 2-3 years? To be honest, it freaked me out more than any other movie Ive seen lately, especially that old lady, and that ending, walking through my house alone sucked. So yes, it actually had an effect on me, which doesnt happen often, but overall, the movie was just okay.