Hi guys. I'm looking for a pedal that can give a really great lead boost. I'm willing to spend up to $200. So if you have any suggestions, it would be great. Thanks!
Quote by hawk5211
a little info about your gear would be nice... honestly.

^ Seconded More info bro! Yeah I was assuming he was pushing tubes but I shouldn't have.
mode inf would be great
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
You can't go wrong with the Maxon OD-808 or the Fulltone OCD but if you don't own a tube amp then don't bother..

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by blything09
You can't go wrong with the Maxon OD-808 or the Fulltone OCD but if you don't own a tube amp then don't bother..

this word for word
I have a Squier Strat HSS modded with Dimarzio choppers and a tone zone and a Fender Frontman 25R.
Yeah, I currently don't use a tube amp. I'm planning on getting one in the future though. Thanks
Quote by DyLaNqUiNtErO
I have a Squier Strat HSS modded with Dimarzio choppers and a tone zone and a Fender Frontman 25R.

sorry but an overdrive in front of that amp will do little or nothing for your sound. an overdrive works best in front of a tube amp. you might want to consider using a distortion pedal thru the clean channel for improved (but don't expect miracles) sound.
Quote by DyLaNqUiNtErO
Yeah, I currently don't use a tube amp. I'm planning on getting one in the future though. Thanks

Save the cash and with a little bit more you could pick up a good second hand tube amp. Buying an overdrive now would be counter-productive in terms of gear acquisition.
maybe get like the ernie ball volume pedal an turn your amp a little louder then normal bring the pedal back a little an increase it for the boost

maybe put it in the effects loop
yeah idk how much it cost but probably less then a decent OD, also im pretty sure if its in the effects loop it wont effect tone since its lowering the volume after the pre amp section
I'd suggest getting an EQ pedal if you don't own a tube amp, you can alter your tone with it and it also has a volume slider on it so you can make your tone stand out more for leads. I'd recommend the Danelectro fish n' chips, its very cheap aswell!

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by blything09
I'd suggest getting an EQ pedal if you don't own a tube amp, you can alter your tone with it and it also has a volume slider on it so you can make your tone stand out more for leads. I'd recommend the Danelectro fish n' chips, its very cheap aswell!

seconded, this is a good idea. A better idea would be to get a new amp.
MI Audio Boost n Buff is pretty sweet. Just got one last week.
5Meg Impedence Buffer when bypassed, flat boost on the lower half of the gain knob and a treble boost on the top half. It's really added a lot of balls to my sound. And it was fairly cheap ($105).
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Buy a Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ, it'll cost you $40 and it'll work great for bumping up the volume when soloing - it'll still come in handy if you ever upgrade your amp.

There's very little sense in buying pedals that cost more than your amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com