I am changing the stock pickups on my fender telecaster, do you guys know what is the best pickups for the single coil? im thinking of an emg T, I the fender to have a better bluesy sound
Can you be a little more descriptive? "The best" and "a better bluesy sound" isn't nearly enough.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

What don't you like about your current pickups? Too bright? Too muddy?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

What's your amp? That is far more important to your tone, especially for blues playing. Unless you've actually got an amp that is good for blues then don't worry about your pickups, changing pickups is what you do after you've got a good amp sorted out and you need to tweak your tone a little further. Your stock Tele pickups will be good enough for most styles of blues assuming your amp is up to the task.
my amp is a roland 20xl which is quite nice, i want to clear our the muddy sound of the stock
emg SC's in a tele... f**k off.

i don't PERSONALLY think EMG's deserve any place in a guitar except in a metal guitar... but that's just my opinion and i know i'm probably gonna get crucified for it.

however the telecaster "texas specials" are pretty much THE pickups you want for blues in a tele.

link: http://www.fender.com/en-GB/products/search.php/?partno=0992121000

video of a demo of the texas special p-ups: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_zacMVHgbQ&feature=related
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by WelcomeNormal
my amp is a roland 20xl which is quite nice, i want to clear our the muddy sound of the stock

Then pickups are not only going to be a waste of money, they won't solve your problem either.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Dempsey68
emg SC's in a tele... f**k off.

i don't PERSONALLY think EMG's deserve any place in a guitar except in a metal guitar... but that's just my opinion and i know i'm probably gonna get crucified for it.

That's pretty ignorant. I won't crucify you for it, but I don't have to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bShX-aIZXW8&feature=related
Quote by WelcomeNormal
i want to have basically a pickups that sounds best with blues

it doesn't work like that.

what you consider "best" is not going to be what anyone else considers "best". if anyone tells you "these are the best" that might be fine for them but you might not agree. tone is subjective.

the only way you can really get good advice on pickups is to be a bit more descriptive. describe what it is about your current pickups that you don't like, and what you'd like to change about them. otherwise nobody can help you - they'll just link you to random product pages for pickups that they like, which may be the complete opposite of what you're looking for.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by WelcomeNormal
my amp is a roland 20xl which is quite nice

No, it's not.

Trust me, but a lot of mud is coming from the amp. What will help is if you turn the volume down low on your Telecaster and get your volume from the amp.

I'm using the same set-up at college right now.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi