So the other day I was in this music store because I needed help with the floyd rose on my dean, and the guys at the guitar store blew me off and said "Get a new guitar, dumbass."

So I'm looking for a new guitar for metal that can do classic thrash and death metal. It needs to be tremolo-less and fairly cheap, maybe $500? I really like the feel of telecasters, so if there is anything like that that's good for metal, that would be nice. Thanks
So... the guys in the store told you to get a new guitar, and called you a dumbass, and you actually listened to him?
Do you actually need/want a new guitar, or are you just doing it because he told you to?
So... the guys in the store told you to get a new guitar, and called you a dumbass, and you actually listened to him?
Do you actually need/want a new guitar, or are you just doing it because he told you to?

Yeah I actually do need one and want one, I don't like messing with the tremolo too much when i change tunings, which I do a lot.
I sense a troll.

I don't know any shop that would say "get a new guitar, dumbass" to a customer
and the customer taking it, any smart human being would tell him to **** off and get the manager involved.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I sense a troll.

I don't know any shop that would say "get a new guitar, dumbass" to a customer
and the customer taking it, any smart human being would tell him to **** off and get the manager involved.

I'm used to it, it's the nearest guitar shop, they've always been total assholes but I kinda just deal with it.
^time to find a new music shop... but search for a schecter. i found myself a used c1 hellraiser that looked like it was fresh off the line. not even a scratch from a belt buckle on it and i paid half of wat it would cost brand new. solid mahogany body with active emg 81/85 will give u all the metal tone ur looking for
Quote by littlephil

this
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
Damn, I wish I could have a job being an asshole in a guitar shop...

OT: If you don't really use the bridge, just stick a piece of wood behind the block so it won't move
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
I think I've heard of some seven or eight string Telecaster looking thing...does anyone here know what it is?
Quote by andrerist
^time to find a new music shop...

BINGO!

And while you're at it, get a Hello Kitty guitar and then go back to Asshole Music and do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5TBG-3U90I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

But seriously, you can play metal on any guitar- figure out what features you want for your money THEN look around for what's in your price range.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You could always block the bridge or get a Tremel-no, the tremel-no would allow you to basically turn the tremolo on and off to facilitate a quick tuning change if you don't need to use the trem in the new tuning.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by ethansj1
What you need is a new amp

I can't tell if your being serious or really are stupid. regarding the issue here. I'd take your dean to a luthier? and he'll fix any issues you have with it.
wut.
The guys in your music store are ash-holes.
Don't listen to 'em.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!