I can't seem to get a straight answer. So I've had dandruff for the past 4 years. I remember that I got it before I started smoking. I head in one place that smoking causes dandruff, and other places say it doesn't.

Which is right? Share your experiences? While we're at it, anything I can do at home to help? Head and shoulders+Selsun+store brand stuff didn't work so I had to get prescription shampoo with very powerful steroids and it still won't work.

I'd honestly rather die than have to put up with this every day. It's really bad Help please. Store brands failed me, doctor failed me, google failed me. Your turn.
Quote by Twist of fate
While we're at it, anything I can do at home to help? Head and shoulders+Selsun+store brand stuff didn't work so I had to get prescription shampoo with very powerful steroids and it still won't work.

There's your problem, you shouldn't mix them, baby.
Yeah, just stop smoking. Or you might just have dry skin, or something. I don't know. Head and shoulders always worked for me if I had dandruff.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I thought this was gonna be a thread about you asking if cigs would catch your dandruff on fire.

I am disappoint
Obviously Fassa.
Just use head and shoulders, smoking doesn't cause dandruff.
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
I smoke and I happen to have very luscious hair.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
do you pick at your head? when you pick at your scalp it can exacerbate dandruff.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Smoke crack err'day. No more hair.

Problem solved.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Inb4 shitstorm of people explaining why smoking is bad as if we didn't already know.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I used to have bad dandruff too . It came off in giant flakes.

I don't have dandruff anymore, but here's what I did:
1.) Drink a LOT of water. Dandruff is caused by dry skin . Hydration starts from the inside.
2.) Don't wash hair everyday. I washed mine every other day and it was fine. Your scalp will produce oils that will condition and hydrate itself.
3.) When you use conditioner, massage it into your scalp. Use one of those conditioners that are "moisturizing". Be sure to wash it out well though.

That's all I really did. You can also buy some light oils such as jojoba to put on your scalp and hair. A drop or two can work, and it doesn't make the hair look oily.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
inb4 preaching

we don't need to give them another myth to spread
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Go bald, stop smoking.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I had dandruff and i've never smoked before. Go use head&shoulders, it takes off the white snow.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Smoking gives you cancer. That is really all.
EDIT: I've been a smoker for like.... two years or more.... I haven't had dandruff since I was a child.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Last edited by Nimbus456 at May 8, 2011,
Shave your hair. It'll make dandruff less noticeable and easier to treat directly
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Smoking is bad for your skin so it wont help but I smoke and I'm lush and dandruff free.
I have dandruff and don't smoke. I think I use Selsun Blue after years of trying to find some shampoo that works. shits good.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
My physics teacher has dandruff really bad, and she's a heavy smoker. Don't know whether the two are connected, nor do I plan on trying to ask her.
Call me Matthew.
I have terrible psoriasis on my scalp, which is probably what you have. Nothing helps
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by jgbsmith
I smoke and I happen to have very luscious hair.

Same here.

I shampoo and condition every day. Maybe that could help you out a bit OP?
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by Dawginator
Same here.

I shampoo and condition every day. Maybe that could help you out a bit OP?

He's implying you look like this:

Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
spend more time outside, sunlight is very good for you.
now extra flamey