the 6505+ 1x12 combos are the cheapy of the 6505 line they are made in china and generally are not considered to sound as good as the usa counterparts (6505, 6505+ heads, 6505 2x12 combo)

That being said they have been known to be blindly recommended for jazz around these parts.
6505+ has two separate EQ's, that's the biggest one i'd say.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by coolstoryangus
the 6505+ 1x12 combos are the cheapy of the 6505 line they are made in china and generally are not considered to sound as good as the usa counterparts (6505, 6505+ heads, 6505 2x12 combo)

That being said they have been known to be blindly recommended for jazz around these parts.

lol, well...i was actually wondering if this thing had cleans...but from seeing this comment, i think i might start straying to a Carvin V3m or something
A +.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
yay...i pass!

With distinction.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Aside from what's been mentioned, the 6505+ has an additional preamp tube over the 6505. The cleans are supposed to be a bit less hairy as well.
Yeah, the heads are in another class... the 112 combo's a Poor Man's entry point into the series, but you could do worse for an entry level metal valve amp.

Basically the 6505 is the heaviest sounding one.

The + adds a pre amp tube and gives you more clean head room, as well as having a separate EQ for each channel.

The 6534 + is the 6505 with EL34 power tubes instead of 6L6s... supposed to be warmer sounding, with "better" cleans.
Quote by darkwolf291
Both amps still have more gain than you could possibly use.

Quote by darkwolf291
^you can use it, but you will have no note definition, and it will be muddier than a metal zone run into a spider's INSANE channel with both gains cranked.

You know I'd never do that.

It would require me to buy a 5150. Totally not going to happen.

why don't you quit screwing around and just save up for a used SLO?

or get wick001's mess a triple wreck.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
"U" of "G" on the box ftmfw!

edit: sorry TS, i just don't see you being happy until you have the very best. go half way if you want, but you will just end up making threads about tubes, speakers, etc, because you don't like the 65Ohshit tones you're getting. in the end, you're going to end up with a SLO. or you just won't be happy. so trust me on this one.
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 8, 2011,
Quote by darkwolf291
^you can use it, but you will have no note definition, and it will be muddier than a metal zone run into a spider's INSANE channel with both gains cranked.

ya fair enough. this isn't a slo we're talking about.

although I always run the gain at full.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
This is about the 15th amp thread you've made so far, each one looking at a different amp. Do you actually plan on buying an amp or just making threads about them?

I prefer the 6505+ personally but that's just me.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
This is about the 15th amp thread you've made so far, each one looking at a different amp. Do you actually plan on buying an amp or just making threads about them?

I prefer the 6505+ personally but that's just me.

This guy and his "brother" have made like 2000000 amp threads between them
6505+ 112 (w/V30) rhythm channel (set to a clean setting) and lead channel through an Mahogany Ibanez RG 321MH with EMG 85/85.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rlheart/music/play985661
Guitars:
Ibanez RG7421 (MIJ) Dimarzio SD-7/AN-7
ESP LTD EC407 (stock)
Ibanez S320 (Tone Zone/PAF Pro)
ESP LTD EC1000 (stock)
Seagull C-6 Concert Acoustic
Godin MultiAc Nylon Encore

Amps:
Peavey 6505
Peavey 6505+
Marshall DSL100
Mesa Boogie Tremoverb
Mesa Boogie 412 Rectifier Standard Cab
Randall Iso112

Pedals:
Horizon Devices Precision Overdrive
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD808
MXR Carbon Copy
Shure GLX wireless system
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus
Quote by gregs1020
"U" of "G" on the box ftmfw!

edit: sorry TS, i just don't see you being happy until you have the very best. go half way if you want, but you will just end up making threads about tubes, speakers, etc, because you don't like the 65Ohshit tones you're getting. in the end, you're going to end up with a SLO. or you just won't be happy. so trust me on this one.

lol, thanks for your concern. I'll hunt around for a used Soldano amp...but even then, it'll still probably be 800$ over my budget
Quote by coolstoryangus
This guy and his "brother" have made like 2000000 amp threads between them

hehe, ya...he's a dumbarse, and im a beginner...it happens...
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
lol, thanks for your concern. I'll hunt around for a used Soldano amp...but even then, it'll still probably be 800$ over my budget

they have a couple soldano atomic 16s on the guitar center used site for $700.

which is what the jet city 20 is based on.

real thing vs chinese clone

(i'm not trying to poke the militia, i'm just saying...)

of course they don't sound like a SLO...
Quote by gregs1020
they have a couple soldano atomic 16s on the guitar center used site for $700.

which is what the jet city 20 is based on.

real thing vs chinese clone

(i'm not trying to poke the militia, i'm just saying...)

of course they don't sound like a SLO...

I've checked Craigslist, and theres not a single Soldano amp near me...I checked on GC Used area...not a one
Last edited by B.C. RICH5000 at May 9, 2011,
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
I've checked Craigslist, and theres not a single Soldano amp near me...I checked on GC Used area...not a one

then you are doing it wrong. lemme check

yup, you did it wrong.

call this store. pay, have it sent to your house. if you don't love it, send it back or drop it off at any local GC.

GUITAR AMP
USED SOLDANO ATOMIC 16 1X12 GUITAR COMBO AMP EXC 5

Details » Amps Guitar Center Orange
Orange, Connecticut 06477
203-799-0233
Last edited by gregs1020 at May 9, 2011,
Question....do the guitar centers ship natiowide? Because i live in Kentucky...i go on the used guitar center page and see all kinds of great deals that are in California or Texas...etc...do they ship nationwide?
yep, order at home, stuff shows up.

just like pizza.
Man i seriously did not know they shipped internationally....i've been missing out this entire time....theres a v3 for like 650$ on there, i might look more into that....

theres also several mesa amps in my budget (like the 5:50, dual Rec, Transatlantic etc...)