I know this is a popular product, but holy crap is it (relatively) expensive. I've seen most people got it under $100 (sometimes down to $30-40), but at $180 I just can't afford it.

Even amazon is still $150, which is almost 4x what I paid for reaper. I'm trying to put together a cheap basement recording studio, but I'm boned for drums.

Whats the deal?
Last edited by cadred at May 7, 2011,
I don't know but it's not worth that much. I'd go for Addictive Drums in that price range.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Torrent...
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Quote by tr3nt
I don't know but it's not worth that much. I'd go for Addictive Drums in that price range.

I highly agree, plus watch the online stores for price change. It's usually $199 but i got it for $99 on a sale weekend.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Addictive drums is pretty sweet, sounds much better than EZdrummer IMO and both do about the same thing.

also, you could just torrent it.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by JetPackBlues
I hope they send you filthy PIRATEs to Guantanamo BAY

i also pirated it and all the extra kits...

also, you dont have to pay for reaper to use it.
Quote by gquady09
Torrent...

Not my preferred method, but I don't judge.

Quote by tr3nt

I'd rather not stay in that price range.

Quote by rickyj

also, you dont have to pay for reaper to use it.

I caught it for $40, which seemed like a good deal (and I do meet the limited license terms).

I guess I'm just finding it odd that ezdrummer's price is all over the place.
Because they like to charge a shit ton for shitty programs that everyone uses (look at the price of Auto Tune for a regular persons perspective)
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
To anyone who mentioned any illegal means of acquiring EZDrummer,
Delete your posts immediately. Even mentioning it gives you a warning.
Just some advice, I've been banned for 45 days because I said the "P" word once.
..I was watching my death.
1. EZ Drummer is not a bad program by any means. And for what it does, even the price increase to 150 is not horrible. With the program you do not need to buy a drum kit, nor all the various mics and what not. Obviously it's not going to be perfect, nor is it going to equate to a nicely recorded live kit; but that's apparently something you cannot afford?

2. I'd say wait until it goes on sale, or at least till it comes with some special deal. I bought EZ Drummer last winter, and for 100 dollars I got that and a free gift of a MIDI drum pad (which was 100 dollars itself). I'd say just wait.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
Quote by Ulalume
1. EZ Drummer is not a bad program by any means.

Its not bad, its just there are better for around the same price or less
There's a boxed copy on ebay for $79. Any chance it's legit? Seller has a good rep, but I've been bitten before on other stuff.
Quote by cadred
There's a boxed copy on ebay for $79. Any chance it's legit? Seller has a good rep, but I've been bitten before on other stuff.

Typically, if its the guy I saw, guys that have like 1000 transactions and 99% feedback are usually good. If you're worried about it not being legit this store has it for $100 with the Akai Midi Pad free.
^For the record that is the Midi Pad I received when I ordered last winter. It's fun stuff and you can always resell it on Ebay if you don't want it! A nice deal if you go with EZ Drummer.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
I got expensive when every noob started using it. <- True story.

It is cheaper though then what I use...lol

To be honest find samples packs or creating your own are where its at when it comes to sampled drums. I would do that if I hadn't paid so much for Battery 3 (although it has more uses than just drums so I think its worth it).
Quote by lockwolf
Typically, if its the guy I saw, guys that have like 1000 transactions and 99% feedback are usually good. If you're worried about it not being legit this store has it for $100 with the Akai Midi Pad free.

Seems like a decent deal. I assume that version is the full version of EzDrummer?

I don't know if I'd use the pad. I've been playing guitar for a while, but I'm pretty new to the basement recording thing.

The other ebay seller mostly sold mid-priced watches, so I am still a little wary of that deal.
Quote by FaceFive
Get Steven Slate Drums EX for $99

Definitely this...

Ez Drummer is good, but I didn't realize they raised the prices. Steven Slate's stuff is amazing.
Do you love Alice In Chains and Metallica? How about Tool and Velvet Revolver?...then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in awhile...-->The Liberty Underground<--
Quote by JonChorba
Definitely this...

Ez Drummer is good, but I didn't realize they raised the prices. Steven Slate's stuff is amazing.

Which would be the better deal, Steven Slate's Drums EX for $79 or EZDrummer + AKAI LPD8 for $99?

Is the software comparable feature-wise and sample-wise?
Last edited by cadred at May 10, 2011,
I'll just bump my own thread. I bit the bullet and grabbed the ezd+drumpad for $99. It's around the price I wanted to pay and bonus drumpad.

Also as far as ssd vs ezd it seemed to come down to sound quality vs ease of use. As I'm new and just starting out, ease of use is a higher priority for me personally.

Thanks for everyone who contributed. Hopefully I'll be able to get some nice stuff out of ezd.
Quote by cadred
Which would be the better deal, Steven Slate's Drums EX for $79 or EZDrummer + AKAI LPD8 for $99?

Is the software comparable feature-wise and sample-wise?

From what I understand, the SSD Ex doesn't have programmed patterns built in like EZ drummer does. Quality wise, SSD wins hands down.
Do you love Alice In Chains and Metallica? How about Tool and Velvet Revolver?...then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in awhile...-->The Liberty Underground<--
If you can program your own drum patterns (which isn't hard) SSD wins hands down
Quote by lockwolf
If you can program your own drum patterns (which isn't hard) SSD wins hands down

It'll give me something to look forward too when I learn how to program drums
Anyone who gets ezdrummer instead of SSD is a moron.
or a mormon in denial XD
I just bought SSD two days ago, the samples sounds way better than EZDrummer. All the EZD toms sound like plastic to me, very boingy and unnatural.

And programming drums isnt hard, just learn some basic basic beats and then build on them and add variations. Before you know it you'll have a decent grasp of how to write drums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.