Hey guys, so about 2 months ago I got my first electric guitar. And I really didn't have the time to post a NGD (school & stuff). So without further ado. Here's my LTD EC-50 in Olympic White and my Peavy Vypyr 30w

Full Body Shot

Sexy Bridge Shot

Another Bridge Shot

Rig Shot

REVIEW:

She plays pretty awesome, she just feels right in my hands. Very comfortable. Love the belly cut. I specially love the deeper cut for the fret access, and the bevel on it is super comfy. It's got XJ frets and and Tune-o-matic bridge, bends are a dream with XJ frets and the wrapped around bridge. Sound wise, well, the pickups are meh. They give me a PokerFace. And besides, you can't really tell much about the tone from a modeling amp like the Vypyr (which is awesome and I can't get enough of the tones it gives), altough the pickups have nice lows, punchy mids, I'm missing on treble, I like trebly tone.

So, umm...

Thanks for reading!
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Sanpera II funds: $206

Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
Those strings should not be over the bridge like that. It's supposed to be through the opposite. I would change that. Other than that nice guitar!!
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Quote by xkreedx
Those strings should not be over the bridge like that. It's supposed to be through the opposite. I would change that. Other than that nice guitar!!

It's actually a preference. Zakk Wylde does it on his guitars. It makes the strings a little more floppy then they normally would
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by xkreedx

its called top wrapping. it gives the stings a more slinky feel. (makes 11's feel like 10's)
i also think it give a bit of a rounded warm sound.

Joe Bonamassa does it with all his guitars..... and i think Billy Gibbons may as well.

theres nothing wrong with the way its set up
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by DamagingExcess
It's actually a preference. Zakk Wylde does it on his guitars. It makes the strings a little more floppy then they normally would

Why would anyone ever want their strings to be more floppy?
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Quote by xkreedx

Like DamagingExcess said, it's preference. Zakk Wylde probably likes it for bending pinch harmonics.

Back to the OP, HNGD! That's a pretty sweet starter set up.
Quote by xkreedx

Easier bends! Really bends are a dream on this.

Also, some people say it improves tone because you can press the bridge flat against the guitar but I haven't heard any difference in tone.
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Quote by JKHC
I know....in dumpsters, closets....what next? I'm going to stand outside for the rest of the day. Maybe a guitar will fall out of the sky and I can catch it.
Last edited by Output at May 8, 2011,
Quote by Pac_man0123
Like DamagingExcess said, it's preference. Zakk Wylde probably likes it for bending pinch harmonics.

Back to the OP, HNGD! That's a pretty sweet starter set up.

Zakk wyldes strings will be anything but slack though have you seen the gauge he uses?
that method over the bridge keeps the tention of the strings but makes them slinky and easier to bend. to their not floppy while playing, and just come lose as butter when you bend. thats how zakk gets those crazy pinches with his strings (which are some crazy extreme light top super heavy bottoms)
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
HNGD!!!!!

I know people who knocks on inexpensive guitars but these are actually pretty damn nice. Have fun with your new rig and remember try not to get the police called for noise too many times.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by xkreedx

You can have the thickness of 11's and the security of having less of a chance of the breaking with the feel of 10's. That's only the first thing that comes to mind
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by DamagingExcess
You can have the thickness of 11's and the security of having less of a chance of the breaking with the feel of 10's. That's only the first thing that comes to mind

I could understand the appeal. If the heavier gauge keeps the tone of thicker strings the same but allows for a more bendable note for easier harmonics and bends in general, I see all the appeal in the world. Plus, you can lower your bridge and tailpiece further I believe with such a setup which also has it's benefits on an action standpoint.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by Output
Easier bends! Really bends are a dream on this.

Also, some people say it improves tone because you can press the bridge flat against the guitar but I haven't heard any difference in tone.

I don't know about improving the tone but it should improve the sustain I reckon, it's an interesting idea but I don't have any TOM bridge guitars so I can't try it. I'm looking at buying one soon though so I'll definitely give this a shot though.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by nitestick
I don't know about improving the tone but it should improve the sustain I reckon, it's an interesting idea but I don't have any TOM bridge guitars so I can't try it. I'm looking at buying one soon though so I'll definitely give this a shot though.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. It did improve sustain pretty well. It had close to none before.

Thanks guys
Gear:
LTD EC-50
Vypyr 30

Quote by JKHC