So EG what do you guys think of the new flood series les pauls? personally i think that they look nice and odds are they play good.Opinions?

Also i search barred it and found nothing.

Link
Quote by PsiGuy60
I'll probably end up as a pipe-smoking, headbanging 55-year-old.

^^ me too bro, me too

Quote by slash_GNR666
Talk..........to.......girls?????

I thought they were only good at sucking dick and making sammiches

^^^ truth
They look gorgeous but shouldn't be $1500... It's the same LP Studio that we already know with a better paint job.
Same as above pretty much ^^

But, not worth the extra $400-$500 for the finish.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Well i agree with that. thats why you wait a bit and scoop up a used one for half price.
Quote by PsiGuy60
I'll probably end up as a pipe-smoking, headbanging 55-year-old.

^^ me too bro, me too

Quote by slash_GNR666
Talk..........to.......girls?????

I thought they were only good at sucking dick and making sammiches

^^^ truth
Just when you think Gibson can't get any more outrageous with their prices they charge an extra $400 for a different paint job
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I think that if Gibson had a good product designer on staff the inlays would match the paint.
Doesn't Jackson charge like $300 more for the Eerie dress swirl finish on the DK2?

Obviously this kind of swirl finish costs more to make; I'm not surprised Gibson charges that much more for it. Plus, it's a limited run.
Abalone inlays would look great with that finish! Is it just me or does the carved top look shallower than your average Les Paul?
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
if they used an oil dipping method for the finish i can imagine its quite costly an labour intensive

but we shouldnt be paying 500 for parts and 1000$ for gibsons name
It's more expensive because it's a very limited run and swirl finishes are more costly to make for a factory that isn't geared up for doing them. It's not simply a question of busting out a second can of car spray paint, even a basic Gibson finish takes upwards of six months to do.

Plus you can pretty much guarantee that nobody on here has played one and the chances are that nobody on here has even seen one in person so it's rather silly for anyone to be forming an opinion on one.
we had thread on this right when they first came out....but yeah...I wouldnt pay the extra for one...I'll prolly see one in a local pawn shop in 4-5 years...so no worries....

EDIT: Gibson finishes do not take 6 months to finish....whoever told you that is lying to you....

And...they play like a normal les paul....just with an awesome funky swirly finish...

Guitar Center has them now..go try one...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at May 8, 2011,
I think once they hit the used market at sub-$1000 prices they'll be really quite viable. Les Paul Studios have always been fantastic guitars in my experience, and I'd get a Flood if they weren't so darned expensive - I think the blue swirl finish is absolutely gorgeous.

I really miss the Raw Power model - the combination of the Les Paul body (which is really comfortable) with solid maple (my favorite tonewood) sounds virtually unbeatable. I haven't seen one of these in forever, though.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Last edited by sonic_777111 at May 8, 2011,
Quote by JAHellraiser
Just when you think Gibson can't get any more outrageous with their prices they charge an extra $400 for a different paint job

Not really... These guitars are a limited run. There's a chance they'll be collector's items in a few decades.

I'd buy one. I think the finish is gorgeous enough to blow off the extra cash on it.
Quote by sonic_777111
I think once they hit the used market at sub-$1000 prices they'll be really quite viable. Les Paul Studios have always been fantastic guitars in my experience, and I'd get a Flood if they weren't so darned expensive - I think the blue swirl finish is absolutely gorgeous.

I really miss the Raw Power model - the combination of the Les Paul body (which is really comfortable) with solid maple (my favorite tonewood) sounds virtually unbeatable. I haven't seen one of these in forever, though.

I think Gibson is doing a single pickup version now for only $500 or something like that.
Quote by Controlpanel

EDIT: Gibson finishes do not take 6 months to finish....whoever told you that is lying to you....
You've obviously never tried doing a burst finish with nitrocellulose. Fromt he time you begin to the time it's completed and sufficiently hardened you're looking at half a year, easily.