Do you ever listen to a song from an artist you have never heard before and then only listen to that one song instead of looking into their catalouge? I often do for fear of finding out that the other songs will pale in comparison to what I have already heard. Possibly this stems from past let-downs, but other times I have looked at other songs and found a new favorite band(recently insomnium and in mourning)
Yes, I do that. Also, TS, I read everything you say in Creed's voice.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Yup, like when I heard Cemetery Gates by Pantera. I liked it so much and knew it was one of their best songs I didn't want to listen to their other ones and be let down. Thankfully, I did and I wasn't.

Also, I'm liking your username.

Edit:
Quote by Jackintehbox
When I hear a song that I like, I download the band's entire discography.

Or I do this.
Last edited by geanes at May 8, 2011,
i was like that with avenged sevenfold. i'd only heard "beast and the harlot," and thought the rest was screaming metalcore. but then a friend showed me "gunslinger" from their self-titled, and i listened to the whole thing, then listened to their other shit, and now i love them (except for their first two albums, because of the aforementioned screaming.)

also, i'm like that with rev theory right now. i've heard "hell yeah" from the BMS opening, but i haven't heard anything else by them.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Nah. I download my music mainly, so I will get entire EP or CDs. However, if I like that CD or EP or whatever, I may not get the rest of their discography, as theres usually a difference in quality and sound between albums. This has happened with tons of bands.
It happened to me with This Band. I found them in a Dragonball Z movie, and I was blown away. It also happens with bands I see in a video game soundtrack. 59 Times The Pain and Dakota Star come to mind there.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
I will usually download an album before ever hearing the band on recommendation.
Youtube does make it way easier, I hate downloading a whole discography just to end up deleting most all of it, I head oceans by John Butler and thought wow what an awesome song, downloaded the discography, then wiki'd him, and came to dislike his goddamn hippy nonsense. Same with Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. Heard them and wanted to drink whiskey and party, found out the band is mostly comprised of ex-Underoath members and now I just think they sound gay
Yeah I do this a lot, but after a while look up and study all their music and become a big fan. This happened with My Bloody Valentine (the song sometimes)
It also happened with Eliza Gilkyson (the song Borderline)
Leatherface (not a day goes by)
Lagwagon(violins)
Austin Lucas (Go West)
there are a bunch of others, but this is all i can think of at the time
To elaborate on my previous post, sometimes I don't even think of getting a band's other albums, even if I love the one I downloaded. For example, I downloaded The Promise Ring's Very Emergency and I loved the heck out of it. I listened to it nonstop. And it wasn't till forever that I even bothered to get anything else by them.

Yes, but alot of the times I find that there really are only a handful of good songs.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator

Yes, but alot of the times I find that there really are only a handful of good songs.

coughthesmithscough
Quote by due 07
coughthesmithscough

Meh, debateable. Some bands you just gotta get used to hearing. Radiohead and The Smiths fall into that category, I hated Radiohead when I first heard em.

I'm thinking like shitty mainstream bands or indie bands that have one big song that is famous and awesome and then you go to their other songs and it's like WTF is this shit? I can't really think of any example, but one hit wonder kind of stuff.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Jackintehbox
When I hear a song that I like, I download the band's entire discography.

oh, so that's why America's music industry is too scared to produce something original anymore, makes sense now
Quote by Creed Bratton
Do you ever listen to a song from an artist you have never heard before and then only listen to that one song instead of looking into their catalouge? I often do for fear of finding out that the other songs will pale in comparison to what I have already heard. Possibly this stems from past let-downs, but other times I have looked at other songs and found a new favorite band(recently insomnium and in mourning)

Which is sadly just about always the case.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by carlos_almighty
i was like that with avenged sevenfold. i'd only heard "beast and the harlot," and thought the rest was screaming metalcore. but then a friend showed me "gunslinger" from their self-titled, and i listened to the whole thing, then listened to their other shit, and now i love them (except for their first two albums, because of the aforementioned screaming.)

also, i'm like that with rev theory right now. i've heard "hell yeah" from the BMS opening, but i haven't heard anything else by them.

What is wrong with you? Waking The Fallen is their best album after Nightmare.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by bradulator
Meh, debateable. Some bands you just gotta get used to hearing. Radiohead and The Smiths fall into that category, I hated Radiohead when I first heard em.

I'm thinking like shitty mainstream bands or indie bands that have one big song that is famous and awesome and then you go to their other songs and it's like WTF is this shit? I can't really think of any example, but one hit wonder kind of stuff.

I was only kiddinh . Playing on the fact everyone views them as a singles band and that's it. I do think The Queen is Dead is the only album that's good all the way through though.

I felt the same way about Radiohead. Really didn't like them at first (granted, I was only like 13). But now I like them a lot.