how can you tell if you have one?

i have intense sharp pain under my boobie when i inhale but i try to relax an not tense its not as bad which makes me think it might be from pulling or straining a muscle

i know i should probably just go to the er or some shit but im too poor for that and i know this aint wedmb, i want real life experience from non hypochondriacs
Scale of one to ten?

And the fact that you're breathing in air without difficulty is a good thing.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

i dont feel any shortness or breathe, and if i sit a certain way i can fully inhale without any pain but if i purposefully try to tense those areas it doesnt hurt though

i guess im a little overworried it hurts a hell of a lot
Pit is not a doctor...
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
are you tall and skinny? that seems to be who it happens the most to.

it can happen for no reason and the pain can come and go. I have a partially collapsed lung and it hurts when i twist certain ways, work out too much or am generally fatigued. theres nothing you can do except not do what hurts and hope it heals. if there is a big collapse they will have to stick a chest tube through your ribs and let the air escape, but youll know if that is necessary because your insides will be screaming
I experience a sharp, shooting pain right in that area every once in a while...I think it's a syndrome or something with a specific name, and for me it goes away in 5-20 minutes.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by effyeahjade
i dont feel any shortness or breathe, and if i sit a certain way i can fully inhale without any pain but if i purposefully try to tense those areas it doesnt hurt though

i guess im a little overworried it hurts a hell of a lot

If you can do all of that it's not gonna be a collapsed lung.
I have no knowledge of what a collapsed lung should feel like.
Honestly it sounds like a bruised rib to me, I've bruised a rib before and it was just like that.
I'm a doctor. It seems as though your suffering from a gas bubble. Take a deep breath
i was just sittin an chillin an it randomly happened and ive been sick all week, ive have costochondritis before from bronchitis but that only usually ****s with my left side

i know pit is not a doctor but whenever i think something bad happens i usually just end up feeling dumb

left boobie hurts to press, an right rights to inhale i guess it might be the rib thing or a muscle thing =[ small boobies so its pretty easy to pretty le ribs