I wasn't sure if i would get a better responce here or in the pit. But i think if i put it in the pit it would be moved here.

Anywho, I am just now starting to get into "dubstep" i found out about it through a friend who sent me a link to this guy dancing. LOVED the music type and have only found one guy i like enough to buy an album of.

Skrillex: Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.

I am interested in more, though I dont know who is good. So I am comming to you.

Here is a Skrillex song that I fell in LOVE with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNRWGRgu70Y

And this is the video that got me hooked.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JayGarderis#p/u/8/Fg0A8WfR_fs

If you know of any good Dubstep bands i would love it if you could list some

Mikey
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
yea deadmau5 is the first dubstep guy i had ever heard of

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Get out of here with that. There are places for you elsewhere!

In all seriousness though, I'm just not a fan of the genre. I can totally acknowledge that people are talented at performing it, it's just not my kind of music.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Deadmau5 is electro house, not dubstep at all (well except for that one song). Great artist though.

I'd start with any of the following (good mix of "filthy" and "classic" dubstep)

Skream
Benga
Martyn
Digital Mystikz
Magnetic Man
Flux Pavilion
Datsik/Excision/Downlink
Caspa
Rusko
Joker
James Blake
Kode9
16bit
Eskmo
Quote by xaviergray
Deadmau5 is electro house, not dubstep at all (well except for that one song). Great artist though.

I'd start with any of the following (good mix of "filthy" and "classic" dubstep)

Skream
Benga
Martyn
Digital Mystikz
Magnetic Man
Flux Pavilion
Datsik/Excision/Downlink
Caspa
Rusko
Joker
James Blake
Kode9
16bit
Eskmo

Listen to this guy. Deadmau5 isnt what I would call "dubstep." Personally I like Datsik and Skrillex. Liquid Stranger is pretty good too.

Get these songs.

Skrillex- Scatta, Reptile's Theme

Datsik- Retreat, Calypso, Gizmo, Mechano, Quantization Error, Southpaw, Swagga
AWESSOME! Thanks all. I tried looking for a dubstep Thread but didnt have any luck so i made this.

I actually got a CD of skrillex so i have Scatta its siiiiick!
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
The Glitch Mob have a few dubstep songs, but most of their music is hard enough to be dubstep.
As for pure dubstep, go with Flux Pavilion and Bassnectar. Two of my favorite artists.
Epiphone PR-4E
Epiphone PR150
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
(lol, think I like epis?)
deadmau5 is mostly house music, but sometimes does some dubstep stuff. Look for the Dirtyphonic's remix of nasty sprites etc., its really good.

Saw Nero live last weekend. ****ing amazing.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Dubstep are dissonance intervals mostly and the drums go half the bpm of the melody.
Downlink was the first time I heard dubstep and I hated it.
My roommate and his uhm... slam pig, I guess might be the best term, love it to death and play it constantly, but I simply do not understand the appeal of Clubstep. Dubstep, when it was produced and performed by Jamaicans in the 80s and 90s - legit. This new shit gives me a headache real fast, even under the influence of the drugs you usually take while listening to Clubstep.

They really like most of the artists listed, but some others they constantly try to get me into are...

Zeds Dead
Professor Green
Ellie Goulding
Stop with "Clubstep". The last thing we need is another term to call the same kind of music.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Quote by gquady09
Stop with "Clubstep". The last thing we need is another term to call the same kind of music.

It isn't the same kind of music. Listen to original dubstep. Listen to modern "dubstep". It ain't the same. They both rely heavily on drum and bass , as does every reggae variation, yet roots reggae and dancehall reggae are radically different and call for separate subgenres. They also both use a lot of sampling. That's where the similarities end. Original dubstep is the kind of music you chill out, smoke a joint, and maybe have a conversation to. Clubstep is the kind of music you take some molly and grind your dick on anything and everything you can til noon the next day to. I'd say that's a considerable enough difference to warrant a new genre. Soft rock and hard rock, I think, are more closely related and I don't think you'd argue that they belong in a single category.
Last edited by pbskl at May 9, 2011,
Quote by pbskl
It isn't the same kind of music. Listen to original dubstep. Listen to modern "dubstep". It ain't the same. They both rely heavily on drum and bass , as does every reggae variation, yet roots reggae and dancehall reggae are radically different and call for separate subgenres. They also both use a lot of sampling. That's where the similarities end. Original dubstep is the kind of music you chill out, smoke a joint, and maybe have a conversation to. Clubstep is the kind of music you take some molly and grind your dick on anything and everything you can til noon the next day to. I'd say that's a considerable enough difference to warrant a new genre. Soft rock and hard rock, I think, are more closely related and I don't think you'd argue that they belong in a single category.

the original jamacan music was just called dub, not dubstep.
To not like dubstep is to hate your own ears. Seriously. Dubstep is one of the best genres of music around. You have the awesome beats, wickedly sick drops, and no one can complain about lyrics. Although there are some dubstep songs with awesome lyrics in them.
Epiphone PR-4E
Epiphone PR150
Epiphone Thunderbird IV
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
(lol, think I like epis?)
Get your ears around Skrillex - Cinema too.
404: Sig not found.
Excision is beyond amazing.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Edited:

Apologies, I do stupid things when I get bored.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
Last edited by Outside Octaves at May 9, 2011,
Quote by epiphone553
To not like dubstep is to hate your own ears. Seriously. Dubstep is one of the best genres of music around. You have the awesome beats, wickedly sick drops, and no one can complain about lyrics. Although there are some dubstep songs with awesome lyrics in them.

God, this statement makes me nauseous.

1. Just because you like something, does not mean everyone else will.
2. I like a HUGE variety of music... and I'm not one of those people who says that to avoid making a commitment to something the person they're talking to doesn't like. I have had extensive and obsessive phases with country (Old & In the Way), a huge variety of rock, jam bands, jazz in almost all of its forms, Fusion, blues as far back as Sleepy John Estes and Magic Sam, techno (Infected Mushroom), crazy progressive shit like Consider the Source, hip hop, death metal, and more. Clubstep makes my ears bleed in the worst way possible.
3. I have unfortunately had to listen to a LOT of clubstep because of my roommates. My hatred is not out of ignorance or lack of familiarity.

The beats piss me off. They are not awesome. It's just a lot of bass. Nothing about it sounds good to me. At all. Sick drops? Listen to Consider the Source, their breakdowns and drops clean the floor with any shit Clubstep song you can think of. Even on molly, I wish I was listening to just about anything else.

Before you make a ridiculous and hugely overgeneralized statement, get learned. Clubstep, in my opinion, is one of the worst genres and BARELY even qualifies as music. But I didn't say that before because I don't think that my opinion is automatically going to be everyone else's. Since you decided to pull that card, however, I decided it was my turn.

God, this statement makes me nauseous.

1. Just because you like something, does not mean everyone else will.
2. I like a HUGE variety of music... and I'm not one of those people who says that to avoid making a commitment to something the person they're talking to doesn't like. I have had extensive and obsessive phases with country (Old & In the Way), a huge variety of rock, jam bands, jazz in almost all of its forms, Fusion, blues as far back as Sleepy John Estes and Magic Sam, techno (Infected Mushroom), crazy progressive shit like Consider the Source, hip hop, death metal, and more. Clubstep makes my ears bleed in the worst way possible.
3. I have unfortunately had to listen to a LOT of clubstep because of my roommates. My hatred is not out of ignorance or lack of familiarity.

The beats piss me off. They are not awesome. It's just a lot of bass. Nothing about it sounds good to me. At all. Sick drops? Listen to Consider the Source, their breakdowns and drops clean the floor with any shit Clubstep song you can think of. Even on molly, I wish I was listening to just about anything else.

Before you make a ridiculous and hugely overgeneralized statement, get learned. Clubstep, in my opinion, is one of the worst genres and BARELY even qualifies as music. But I didn't say that before because I don't think that my opinion is automatically going to be everyone else's. Since you decided to pull that card, however, I decided it was my turn.

agreed almost entirely (though I would say it DEFINATLY qualifies as music, being sound organized in time, and takes skill to write/perform, i just hate it with a passion). the only thing I can really say I like about it, are the youtube comments associated with it, which I think are hilarious ("this is so filthy it makes two girls one cup look like disney channel", "this is dirtier then pulling out of your sister and finding your dad's wedding ring" etc.). seriously, i wish people said shit like that about jazz (or rock, or folk, or any music I actually like/listen to/play), instead of some bullshit like "yeah man, thats killing" or "I really liked that last song".
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
funtcase
exsicion
datsik
Ajapai & ADROA
Bar 9
Chase and Status
Chrispy
Doctor P
Dr. Philth
Emalkay
Ganja White Night
Kaney
Krookz
Modestep
Nero
Skream
Sub Scape
Tek-One
The Widdler
Unicorn Kid

These are the artists i listen to check them out
Quote by liampje
Dubstep are dissonance intervals mostly and the drums go half the bpm of the melody.
Downlink was the first time I heard dubstep and I hated it.

genius. absolutely genius.
Quote by WalrusNutFart
genius. absolutely genius.

where's that guy gone? did he get banned? he made a thread every 4 hours for a while and now he's no where to be seen. i miss his antics
Quote by greasysnowball
I wasn't sure if i would get a better responce here or in the pit. But i think if i put it in the pit it would be moved here.

Anywho, I am just now starting to get into "dubstep" i found out about it through a friend who sent me a link to this guy dancing. LOVED the music type and have only found one guy i like enough to buy an album of.

Skrillex: Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.

I am interested in more, though I dont know who is good. So I am comming to you.

Here is a Skrillex song that I fell in LOVE with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNRWGRgu70Y

And this is the video that got me hooked.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JayGarderis#p/u/8/Fg0A8WfR_fs

If you know of any good Dubstep bands i would love it if you could list some

Mikey

hey guys, i produce dubstep and i would like to take a moment to ask you guys to listen to my song and tell me what to think so that i can become a better dubstep producer.

http://soundcloud.com/iluvex
Quote by gavk
where's that guy gone? did he get banned? he made a thread every 4 hours for a while and now he's no where to be seen. i miss his antics

I improved myself.
I now come with liampje software 1.02!
Deadmau5 has two dubstep songs, as far as I know. One Trick Pony and Raise Your Weapon. Otherwise, I'd call him electro house, or progressive house.

Emalkay is my favourite dubstep artist.

Oh, and don't listen to Mt. Eden.