Or is it a tone pot??? On my 1990's Carvin LB20 I have 3 pots.
2 volumes for each p/u
1 tone/maybe presence pot???

I say this because other basses' tone controls sound alot different than mine. It seems when my pot is maxed it has a def. treble freq. but when I roll it back all the way: the actual presence seems to decrease resulting in less treble and less output. Every other bass i ve played sounded "darker" when I closed the pot and kept the same output as if it was maxed. My does not. I know the pot is good because it does have parameters. I took the baxk cover off and saw that the tone pot had a cap that was wired from the tone pot to the left prong of the bridge p/u potentiometer. This is odd to me because my MiM Jazz had the capacitor wired tone pot___to___outer casing of the bridge p/u pot.

So me not knowing if the p/u pot's prong is the same effect as the outer casing; is where I am confused. Also, the results I am getting from the presence/tone knob combined with the odd capacitor wiring lead me to believe it might be a presence knob.

<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
the capacitor from the tone pot is connected to a lug on the bridge volume pot, correct? This lug, is it connected to the chassis (ground) of it's pot?

also, what value capacitor is it? If you don't know, post what's marked on the capacitor please
Quote by argentotenebre
the capacitor from the tone pot is connected to a lug on the bridge volume pot, correct? This lug, is it connected to the chassis (ground) of it's pot?

also, what value capacitor is it? If you don't know, post what's marked on the capacitor please

473=.47uf (the cap imprint says 473)

I am not sure about the lug to ground. It is on the outside lug...is that a ground?

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Quote by argentotenebre
is there a wire jumper from the lug to the chassis of the pot?

Yes, I believe so, but why not just wire it like Fender jazz do?

if the leg of the capacitor goes to a grounded lug of any pot it will work the same way, just as long as it's grounded

the hot and ground wires going to the output jack, where are they coming from? (which pot?)