I've been looking for some bands that were, as the title says, short lived but good. I'm talking about 1-3 album bands (and possibly bands that never released an album, but had a few singles). I know that would include the Jimi Hendrix Experience since they only released 3 albums before he died, but I'm looking for the more lesser known bands. Here's a few bands to show you what I mean.

Electric Sandwich: 1 album
Bubble Puppy: 2 albums (1 released under a different name)
Garden Odyssey Enterprise: 2 singles (one as just Garden Odyssey)
Mellow Candle: 1 album
Five Day Week Straw People: 1 album
Rhubarb Rhubarb: 1 single
The Quiet Five: 6 singles
Mother Love Bone - 1 album
although they're associated with the grunge movement and all, I always felt that that wasn't really their place.
Quote by iup788
Nitro - 2 albums and 1 album composed of demos.

Are you kidding me? That was possibly one of the worst glam bands to ever be spawned on this earth, the solo to freight train made me loose all respect for batio, i hate shredders like him as it is, but with mad respect of their skills, but that soulless piece of crap solo might as well been played by a robot. I don't care if he can sweep at 20 notes a second, it's ****ing useless. Now for my contribution, Audioslave, big band but they aren't around anymore.
Last edited by maowcat at May 8, 2011,
Temple of the Dog-Temple of the Dog
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.

Quote by maowcat
Are you kidding me? That was possibly one of the worst glam *metal* bands... blah blah blah

Fix'd.

Glam/Glam Rock is David Bowie like stuff.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
So here's the bands you guys have given me so far.

Nitro - 2 albums and 1 album composed of demos.
Mother Love Bone - 1 album
Audioslave: 3 albums
Temple of the Dog-1 album
Derek and the Dominos: 1 album
Sex Pistols: 1 album
====
Nitro: After listening to the first few songs from their first album, I have to agree that these guys are a joke. They could've been something if they tried to make some quality songs.

Mother Love Bone: These guys have a G 'N R/ Animal Bag feel

Audioslave: Awesome band of course. When you mix RATM and Soundgarden you're bound to get something great.

Temple of the Dog: Again great for having Cornell, and Eddie Vedder.

Derek and the Dominos: incredible band, and a great album.

Sex Pistols: A punk classic. With these guys, as well as Derek and the Dominos, I was surprised that they only had one album.
Last edited by johnwolennon at May 8, 2011,
Derek and the Dominos - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs. That's the album cover I posted.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^ Technically, it isn't their only album...

But, being that Duane Allman isn't on this live album here, it's pretty much just Clapton's band as it was at the time. There may be some that would argue with me about it, but Duane Allman totally sealed the deal when it comes to the Layla album.

Live At The Fillmore is still a good album though. Hell, it starts with "Got To Get Better In A Little While". If you don't like that song, chances are I don't like you.

EDIT: Blind Faith is another example. As for lesser known things, Steve Gaines had a solo album (though I think it may have been released posthumously) that's about half good. The ARC Angels come to mind, Big Star, Frogwings (a collaboration of Allman Brothers members with others, including John Popper).

Also, since I feel like being a smartass, I'll offer up the good portion of Rod Stewart's solo career because it was really only good for the first three albums.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Last edited by Jazz Funeral at May 8, 2011,