Hiyaaa, ive been playing guitar for over a year now and i have lately been thinking about getting a new amp but im not sure which one to get, ive been thinking maby a price range from £70-£120, maybe a bit higher if its decent, anyway yer if you could help me it will be apriechated
1. What gear do you have currently?
2. What music do you play?
3. What features would you like?

Other than that you won't get much for £120. Probably no better than you've already got. If I were you I'd wait another year so you have a better ear for tone and are better at playing and save up another couple of hundred quid and buy something better.
Gear:
Fender American Tele (Lefty)
Squier Affinity Strat (Lefty)
Boss DS-1
EHX Small Clone
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Laney LG12
Danelectro FAB Flanger (Rubbish)
Quote by cfcdan95
Hiyaaa, ive been playing guitar for over a year now and i have lately been thinking about getting a new amp but im not sure which one to get, ive been thinking maby a price range from £70-£120, maybe a bit higher if its decent, anyway yer if you could help me it will be apriechated

Yeah if you've alredy got an amp you'll struggle to get anything much better for that budget, unless it's one of those el cheapo fartboxes you get with starter packs.

Even then it's a tricky one because you're still very much in the realm of starter amps with that budget - you may end up with something you outgrow in no time.

If you've got any intentions of gigging or jamming with a drummer in the next year or so I'd say hold off and save up at least £200 as far as a brand new amp goes, you may get lucky in the used market with your budget but it can be a little bit of a minefield if youre not really familiar with the amps you're looking at.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Guitar Rig 4.

I just got it the other day after owning many tube amps throughout the years.

After tooling around with it I'm completely convinced that beginner amps are pretty much obselete (for bedroom purposes)
I played an Orange Crush 20 watter the other day which was being sold for less than 100 quid. They actually sound quite phenomenal. I'd get one if your current amp is a starter pack amp or some such.

Edit:

Or just get Amplitube. I use that for bedroom purposes.
yep
Picked up a 50watt tube amp not long back for £150. Just show's what the used market has to offer haha..

TS. Just look around local music shops, see if any of your mates are selling any gear and frequently check around ebay.

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
Ok cheers everyone I miff just save up somemoney till I can afford a more expensive amp, but I was looking at the line 6 spider IV the other day and didn't no if it was any good ? Lol but yer I'm looking to play with a blink 182 sound, thanks for your views everyone
I'm sure I've seen a VOX VT30 for £140 a few days ago, can't remember where. For the money I don't think they can be beaten.
Quote by cfcdan95
Ok cheers everyone I miff just save up somemoney till I can afford a more expensive amp, but I was looking at the line 6 spider IV the other day and didn't no if it was any good ? Lol but yer I'm looking to play with a blink 182 sound, thanks for your views everyone

NO. DO NOT EVEN BOTHER WITH MODELING AMPS. They all sound like shit and the presets are very restrictive. I blew the speaker on my line 6 in about 8 months at half volume playing
Quote by Bag'ed
Hahaha, any paticular reason why the bassist needs to be female or are you just noncing?
You know, school girl and all that, 14-17?
Man, just get out your School of Rock DVD out and crack one off, don't go ruining young girls virtues!
Quote by poooop
NO. DO NOT EVEN BOTHER WITH MODELING AMPS. They all sound like shit and the presets are very restrictive. I blew the speaker on my line 6 in about 8 months at half volume playing

I dont think this is necessarily true. Sure the Spider is a notoriously bad amp but what about Orange/Vox modellers? Can't be faulted for the prices imo.
yep
Quote by kaneorsomething
I dont think this is necessarily true. Sure the Spider is a notoriously bad amp but what about Orange/Vox modellers? Can't be faulted for the prices imo.

I am not really a fan of orange modellers and I haven't ever used a vox modeller, maybe those would be worth checking out if they are anything like the ac30s
Quote by Bag'ed
Hahaha, any paticular reason why the bassist needs to be female or are you just noncing?
You know, school girl and all that, 14-17?
Man, just get out your School of Rock DVD out and crack one off, don't go ruining young girls virtues!
Ok then I might not nicer with a line 6 :L hahaha yer I was also look at the box amps are they any good ? What decent cox amps are there ? Also are the orange amps as good as the box amps? Seen them pretty cheap so I'm condicedering it
I don't understand how you managed to spell Vox wrong 3 different times in 2 differents ways? :P

Anyway, the Vox Valvetronix are decent sounding amps, especially for beginners. They're not bad lookin' either.

Go to a guitar shop and play one, if you like how it sounds then you're all set.
yep
I no sorry iPods spell check can be a bitch at times -.- hahaha ok then I will have a look at them on YouTube and see if they do one in my local music shop cheers again for the help
You could probably get a Blackstar HT-1 if you want tubes. A nice little practice amp. Cranked valve tones for the bedroom lol. Depending on what you play, other small valve amps could be worth a look.

Also... look used. You may find a bargain, but personally I'm going for tube amps. If I ever get a modelling amp it'll be a Vypyr tube or something along those lines, but I'm over harsh SS stuff.
Quote by kaneorsomething
I don't understand how you managed to spell Vox wrong 3 different times in 2 differents ways? :P

Anyway, the Vox Valvetronix are decent sounding amps, especially for beginners. They're not bad lookin' either.

Go to a guitar shop and play one, if you like how it sounds then you're all set.

You've obviously never tried typing on an iPhone

TS, a bit more info is going to help a lot here.

What amp do you currently have? We need to know this to be able to tell you if something's actually going to be an upgrade on what you currently have.
What kind of music do you play?
Are you planning on gigging/jamming with other people any time soon?
Do you want an amp with effects built in?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Hahaha yer ikr haha andd well basically at the moment I have a amp that came with the guitar That I've got lol so it's ok but not creating the right sound at times, and i want to play things like blink 182/fall out boy stuff and I am thinking with jamming with my cousin with a bass aswell lol
In that case I'd say these are your best options...you won't be able to gig with them but they should cope with a bit of a jam.

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/peavey-vypyr-15/19561
http://www.gak.co.uk/en/vox-vt20plus/40304
http://www.gak.co.uk/en/roland-cube-20xl-guitar-amp-combo/41348

With an outside bet for the Roland Microcube.

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/roland-micro-cube/5817
Not as loud or as complex as the others but it does have the added advantage of running of batteries. My advice is go to a store and try those 4 amps out and see what you think of them.

Do not buy a Line 6 Spider, Fender Frontman or Marshall MG
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc