whats the best way? I cant for the life of me get a good nights sleep before 3 am...
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
relax before you go to bed. dont play mentally intensives games and hop into bed, but watch tv for at least an hour. in my experience, after i'verelaxed for some time, i sleep like a log
Alt+F4

or command+Q if you're cool.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
masturbate furiously while watching bid tv in your bed, then sleep to the sound of rostropovich's fifth cello suite.

EDIT: yeah, and you have a shit sleeping cycle, not insomnia. watch fight club and come back to tell the difference.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 8, 2011,
Take up exercising, go to sleep around the same time every night, also try to get up earlier.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My sleep cycle is garbage
ill go a night without sleep every now and then, and wake up at 8 feeling great that i woke up early, then the next day 11 -__-

Im thinking of sleeping pills...
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
pot
that is all
E-Father to itorch, Andrea55, guitarxo and BlessedRebel15
E-Grandpa to Basti95, davrockist, KitKat555, Mark Roxx, Renegade_Lobo
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

i stopped smoking weed 6 months ago to get a job...haha
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
My sleep cycle is garbage
ill go a night without sleep every now and then, and wake up at 8 feeling great that i woke up early, then the next day 11 -__-

Im thinking of sleeping pills...

probably not the best idea. you'll end up relying on them and finding yourself incapable to get to sleep without them. which isn't necessary to go through if it isn't as serious as insomnia.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at May 8, 2011,
You're like me, a messed up sleep pattern. I sleep from like 6am to 2-3pm. Only time I can feel myself wanting to sleep. As I type this I'm in bed with my iPod trying to fall asleep.. Same routine every night. Toss and turn for hours with nothing to do, then all of a sudden around 6 in the morning I get super tired and pass out til afternoon.
I seem to have been stricken with nightmares for the last few weeks. One solution I've heard is Lucid Dreaming. A tip I picked up from the relevant thread elsewhere in the Pit, they suggested slowly counting "100, I am Lucid, 99, I am Lucid..." It's not really helped me with Lucid Dreaming, but I've really found it helps me to get to sleep. So, try counting backwards from 100 xD
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by SKArface McDank
i stopped smoking weed 6 months ago to get a job...haha
E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

whatd it do?

i really should try meditating.

EDIT: awesome Bas Rutten youtube tab
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at May 8, 2011,
This thread is now about Bas Rutten.

Sebastiaan "Bas" Rutten; born February 24, 1965) is a retired Dutch mixed martial artist and kickboxer. He was the UFC Heavyweight Champion, a three time King of Pancrase world champion, and finished his career on a 22 fight unbeaten streak (21 wins, 1 draw). Rutten has beaten many MMA champions over the course of his career, including wins over UFC champions Frank Shamrock, Kevin Randleman, Guy Mezger and Maurice Smith, and wins over King of Pancrase world champions Masakatsu Funaki and Minoru Suzuki. He is currently the co-host of Inside MMA on HDNet.

As a fighter, one of his favorite tactics was the liver shot (both punch and kick), and he popularized its use in MMA. Rutten is known for his charisma and has capitalized on his celebrity since retiring from fighting in 1999. He has worked as a color commentator in several MMA organizations, including Pride, and has appeared in numerous television shows, movies, and video games. He also coaches MMA and has authored several instructional materials. Bas holds a black belt in Taekwondo as well as in Kyokushin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiGQIh-6Kdo

Sleep is for the weak, TS.
666 BRO
Last edited by Kankuro at May 8, 2011,
accepted.

- Carl Sagan
heel! todaballce

im sorry sir, buta im gona breaka.. yourleg
- Carl Sagan
Quote by Kankuro
El Guapo now owns The Pit.

E-Bro to slash_GNR666
I blog...

Quote by Andrea55

Quote by guitarxo
wow thanks

There are much easier ways to enter a meditative state. Meditation is base hypnosis; the problem is that you'll reach a point where you can't guide yourself and get stuck.
couldn't sleep until 7:30 am, after going to bed at 2 or 3

My insomnia could kick the shit out of your insomnia
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 9, 2011,
Quote by biga29
Alt+F4

or command+Q if you're cool.

command+Q ftw brochachky!!!!

Yeah TS, get off your computer and put down that xbox controller. Put on some smooth jazz and sleep like a angel.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
You're like me, a messed up sleep pattern. I sleep from like 6am to 2-3pm. Only time I can feel myself wanting to sleep. As I type this I'm in bed with my iPod trying to fall asleep.. Same routine every night. Toss and turn for hours with nothing to do, then all of a sudden around 6 in the morning I get super tired and pass out til afternoon.

Clearly.

TS, Grow catnip. Make tea, lots of. Sleep.
It works.

My sleeping schedule is actually fucked. I'm not too worried atm, but I know I'll have to be
Take a holiday. Seriously.

A few years ago when I was still in high school, my family went to China during one of the school breaks. At that point, I was sleeping 6am-1pm everyday. Sometimes I'd even stay up later to watch Ellen Degeneres.

When I came back from the week-long holiday in the morning at about 8, I was tired, so I slept a few hours. That night, for some reason, my sleeping cycle went back to normal, and I slept at like 10-11pm.

Worth a shot.

Or you could try depriving yourself of sleep for one day, then choose when you want to sleep at night.

Of course, the problem is that you might end up dozing off in the afternoon instead.

Edit: You could try scheduling a weekly thing in the morning on one of the days so you have to get up in the morning. I find this helps with ensuring I don't stray off my sleep cycle.

I used to sleep a lot later gradually during holidays, but since I've scheduled guitar lessons on every Sunday at 9am, I haven't had this problem.
Last edited by triface at May 8, 2011,
Quote by Jako215
command+Q ftw brochachky!!!!

Hellz yeah.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Colohue
There are much easier ways to enter a meditative state. Meditation is base hypnosis; the problem is that you'll reach a point where you can't guide yourself and get stuck.

Yeah, I used to meditate in a simpler way but it's not working anymore so I'm just trying everything out
cat
This is what I do whenever I need to correct my sleep cycle:

1. Set your alarm to the time you want/need to get up in the desired schedule (eg. I set mine to 6.45 in the morning). Go to sleep at the time you normally do, forget about going to bed ealier because you won't be able to sleep anyway.

2. Get up at the new time. This is dependant on your alarm going off loud enough and your willpower.

3. Don't go back to bed. You'll be really tired (you'll have slept from like 3am-6.45am) and if you have nothing better to do you might be tempted to go back to bed or later in the day to have a nap.

4. Go to bed at the time you want/need for your new cycle (Eg. for me it's around 11.30). This time you should be able to fall asleep because you'll be really tired.

5. Continue to do this and eventually you should get in to the new sleep pattern. If at step four you still can't sleep then stay up for a bit but make sure you wake up at the right time in the morning. Then try again the next day.