Hey UG.
I'm just wondering how youre pulling it off?
How do you manage to switch from fingerstyle to suddenly having a pick and playing some heavy rhythms? Where do you keep your pick?
I just can't seem to make a switch that's fast enough for not screwing up.
Etc. BlackBird by Alter Bridge, you have to change between fingerpicking and playing with pick so many times.
So how do you approach this?

Cheers!
Just keep it in your mouth while playing it, if you still can't manage you could always miss the last couple of notes to give you time.
Hold the pick in your first finger and thumb. Use your remaining fingers for the fingerstyle.
I just put it in my palm.

Now I just tried to replicate it so I could provide more detail, but I'm thinking about it too much to do it like I usually do. I think i hold it with my third finger...

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I see how you could put it in your mouth, but if it's longer passages that might be very uncomfortable.
Hybrid picking makes my rootnotes sound too sharp compared to the other notes, otherwise thanks for the tip

Anythinge else to try?
Quote by KrisHQ
I see how you could put it in your mouth, but if it's longer passages that might be very uncomfortable.
Hybrid picking makes my rootnotes sound too sharp compared to the other notes, otherwise thanks for the tip

Anythinge else to try?

Improve your hybrid picking. If you're going to be palming the pick you're going to lose the use of a finger anyway so if you can actually control the tone of the string while using hybrid picking you're good to go.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I tuck it between my index and middle finger, so the pick is actually digging into the V-shape of the fingers.

Its nice and tight and you can still fingerpick almost as well as without it.
Alter Bridge's guitarist plays fingerstyle with two fingers, so I assume he slips the pick between the palm of his hand and his middle finger when going fingerstyle
Yeah