I'm watching FUBAR right now on Netflix. During the movie, I got to thinking how I wouldn't mind living like that at all. No goal in life, just living day by day.

Right now, I'm a university student. I'm majoring in journalism, and I can't help but feel like going to university is a chore. I am done for the summer right now, but there were days when I didn't even want to finish my assignments or go to class at all. Towards the end, I was basically just counting down until the professor let us out.

In fact, the best times of my life I can remember in recent years have been just getting drunk with my friends and family during the summers. I feel like I could be happier doing this instead of busting my ass in university for the next three years.

But, I know that this feeling is just bullshit seeing as I could get drunk and party more when I have a salary. So three more years would be more than worth it. Does anyone else feel like me? I didn't even plan on coming to university. When I graduated, I took a year off. I didn't even send an application in until mid-August of '09 and was in class by September. So, anyone else feeling the same?

Tl;dr I feel like I have no goal in life. What about you?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I feel that way sometimes, mostly when playing video games while istening to power metal and drinking mountain dew. Sometimes i feel like bothering to put on a suit and persue an IT career, while other times i feel like going and applying in any music stores i can find and live it out.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Not really, I go to uni just cause I like learning. I'm not thinking about a career atm.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
it would be nice to live like this

but remember TS, journalists make good dough if you do well enough.

don't get your veyron clamped though.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I don't think you need a goal in life in order to be happy, just live and take whatever happens as an opportunity to do something new.
cat
living in the present is one of the best feelings i'm told. it's a feeling most terminal patients go though; the ones that have about 6 months of an ordinary life style. they don't have anything to look forward to, so they go on holiday and spend every penny on things they think they might enjoy.

i plan on living without worries after i retire. up until then, i plan on working hard to get a medical degree and working in a hospital until i'm 65.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Take it from someone who has lived the 'do-****-all-and-party' lifestyle; it gets very old very fast. I reckon it's best to work hard so you can play hard. You don't really need to have goals, per se, you just need to occupy your time so that when you come to the good times you can appreciate them more.
And who knows, maybe along the way you'll find something you're truly passionate about and actually want to set some goals for yourself.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
I seriously can't wait to finish school move out and then do something rather,
I Have no immediate goals other than passing year 12 I have absolutely no idea what i'm going to do with my life at all.
And people think I'm "going places" HAH!
Quote by tastes_of_ink
^leg-end^

Your life mirrors mine TS. I know exactly what you are saying.

I suppose at the end of the day you just have to put it in perspective: 'short term pain; long term gain' kind of thing
RIP Gooze

cats
I like having blurry goals. It gives me a sense of progress.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by The_Casinator
I like having blurry goals. It gives me a sense of progress.

I read that as blurry goats.
I then spent the next minute going
RIP Gooze

cats
My aim is to work hard, get a decent pension and retirement set up.

Then it's time to have some fun. If you decide to do that now you wont have any money for it and I can imagine it getting stressful.
No future. No future. No future for you!

I have no goals at the moment as well...
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Just gotta find something that you enjoy and that you enjoy working hard at. Just look around I guess..?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I feel like I have goals but I'm doing absolutely nothing to work towards them. I've a degree in genetics, currently doing a PhD in reproductive biology. Yeh, I find some bits interesting but this is definitely not what I want to be doing with my life. Right now I'm just sticking with the PhD because I get paid to do it.
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I feel pretty much the same as you ts. I don't enjoy going to college at all and because of that, I just really can't be bothered with it but it will increase my chances of getting a good job in the future...so I've been told.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Having a goal is what makes school bearable for me
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by laid-to-waste
living in the present is one of the best feelings i'm told. it's a feeling most terminal patients go though; the ones that have about 6 months of an ordinary life style. they don't have anything to look forward to, so they go on holiday and spend every penny on things they think they might enjoy.

i plan on living without worries after i retire. up until then, i plan on working hard to get a medical degree and working in a hospital until i'm 65.

Are you me?
Like... Seriously that's exactly what I plan on doing.

In between gigging and recording of course. :')
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Domino
I feel like I have goals but I'm doing absolutely nothing to work towards them. I've a degree in genetics, currently doing a PhD in reproductive biology. Yeh, I find some bits interesting but this is definitely not what I want to be doing with my life. Right now I'm just sticking with the PhD because I get paid to do it.

If you've been in school long enough to go for a PhD, then you may as well stick with it.

I am just going for my Bachelor's and see where that gets me. D:
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
The only certain goal in life is death /philosophy

Don't really have goals in life atm. Live from day to day without expecting too much of it all. I wake up, eat smth, play my guitar for a few hours, relax, etc.
If there's a party, I might go. If there are some chores round the house, I'll help around.

Things are gonna change harshly when I go next year to uni or get a gf tho...
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by Colgate Total
If you've been in school long enough to go for a PhD, then you may as well stick with it.

I am just going for my Bachelor's and see where that gets me. D:

That was my plan too, but when someone says "hey, come do a PhD and we'll pay you", its so hard to say no. I'm young though, should be done with this in a couple of years, then at least I can get everybody to call me Dr while I 'work on my music'
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I'm sorry to bump this, but I can relate to this thread. I thought a bump would do less harm than starting a new one.

I don't have any career ambitions. While all my friends seem to have found something they are passionate about, I have not. I feel like even your favourite activity becomes a chore if you have to do it every single day, and you'll soon learn to hate it. To me, a job is a means to an end. It's just earning money to survive. It's not something that defines you as a person. I don't really care if I end up working for NASA or scrubbing toilets. It's all the same, as long as I can pay the rent and not starve.

I'm halfway through my uni course and while it's sort of interesting, I can't say I cream my jeans at the slightest mention of it. All the maths and report writing gets pretty tedious. Does anyone honestly love even the most bureaucratic aspects of their profession?

I do have a few goals, but they are things I want to accomplish in my spare time. I don't have any long-term plans for the future. I have no idea what I'll do after I graduate. I'll probably be stuck working at the supermarket until I die.
The thing about chores is that you'll thank yourself later for doing them now. If you just had fun now, you'll be a hobo later, rather than a journalist with a job.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I feel like that. I would be fine just working and hanging out with friends on weekends, but I need to go to college for the next couple years. Even though its something I am interested in (Music Recording), i feel that it is a huge chore that I don't want to do.