I have been playing guitar for about a year and I want to buy a new electric guitar. I have never played electric guitars. I have an acoustic/electric Fender T-Bucket 300CE. I want to buy an electric for $500-$800 and I want it to be good for all music types . Can someone give some examples of good electric guitars in that price range? What do you think of the epiphone les paul or Sg and what about PRS guitars.
i wouldn't recomend for that price a epiphone or fender xD
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
you should go for a ibanez or a jackson
really

but now depends what you want, one with more acoustic pickups, one with more gain pickups, one that you can change them.
you want floyd rose, be more expecific...
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
be more specific dude. You have thousands of guitars that fit what you want. Is there any guitar features you want in particular?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Strat Blacktop, comfortable, cheap and you have the option switching from single coil to humbucker pickups for a bit more grunt.
Don't forget that you're likely going to need an amp too
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by gutu
really

but now depends what you want, one with more acoustic pickups, one with more gain pickups, one that you can change them.

Um, why is that what he wants? Also, what's wrong with Mexican Strats?
yep
Maybe a MIM Strat? And a Roland Microcube wouldn't be a bad idea for the price too.

PRS's are pretty expensive pieces of gear and I don't have much experience with Epiphones.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Quote by gutu
really

This is why I rarely use this site anymore.

TS, MIM Fender, Epiphone and so are are great for the price. Just try the guitar out before you buy it because quality control varies between instruments, and you really don't want to end up with a shitty guitar just by looking at it over the computer.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at May 8, 2011,
i know u say you want it to be good for all types of music but what type of music do u play the most or what type do u write the most. this will help narrow down the options and style but will still leave open the thought of a versatile guitar. what kinda look do u want too?
Quote by gutu
i wouldn't recomend for that price a epiphone or fender xD

Completely disagree.

A used American Standard Hss Strat, a barely touched American Special, or a brand new Highway One, or Lonestar Strat are all incredibly versatile guitars in his price range that rarely get unsatisfactory reviews.

Ibanez/Jackson for all music types... You're really pushing it
Most versatile in that price range would be either a Japanese or Mexican Fender H-S-S Stratocaster. That's what I'd recommend.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Well, I can't help you much with the other stuff, but I've had a PRS SE Custom 24 for five months and I'm absolutely in love with it. Fairly versatile, but most importantly, it just feels comfortable. I know you still have to get an amp, but this guitar has a lot of bang for the buck.
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
dude go buy a blacktop. you'll be wondering sooner or later whether you have robbed the store.
and they 4 models to suit everybody's tastes
Stratocaster=Old School squares lik it, strat tremelo, but can come in white. pretty standard. but good. varying necks.
Telecaster=bit of a comeback reinvention. beats the strat, has a nice tone in the neck and no wonky ashtray bridge. same varying neck makes.
Jaguar=lean and mean. but they have been insecure about the tailpiece and tried to make look like the Japanese Special HH models. thats kinda lousy but its still awesome.
Jazzmaster=only one to feature a floating tremelo system. i guess itd be a good pick if you play jazz or like playing like Stephen Malkmus
Last edited by poorhillbilly at May 10, 2011,
Quote by ampoverload
i know u say you want it to be good for all types of music but what type of music do u play the most or what type do u write the most. this will help narrow down the options and style but will still leave open the thought of a versatile guitar. what kinda look do u want too?

The problem is that I have never played electric guitar so I don't know what type of music I would like to play. But if it helps I want to play in my church so that will be songs from hillsong United and I will play with my school friends songs by Muse...etc.

I want to buy an ibanez or a Fender or PRS or An epiphone les paul or sg. What are the best guitars for $500-$800 in these types.
I would honestly go Fender or PRS. The guy talking about Jacksons etc didn't know what he was talking about if I am honest. Not particularly versatile guitars outside of metal.
yep
Lol, Jackson is probably just s bit more versatile than a bc rich...
(if someone read my thread) I am planning on buying a mim strat which is $500 in most stores. Since you dont own an electric, a HSS would be better.

Before I'm criticized, I'm recommending the strat because when he eventually regardless of what he wants to play(except metal) a strat will get it done well.

Muse iscomplicated because they use single coils and humbuckers. Another reason for the HSS.

I'm glad no one mentioned BC, because we all know how some bc fans insist on those as versatile.
Quote by Markouzam
The problem is that I have never played electric guitar so I don't know what type of music I would like to play. But if it helps I want to play in my church so that will be songs from hillsong United and I will play with my school friends songs by Muse...etc.

I want to buy an ibanez or a Fender or PRS or An epiphone les paul or sg. What are the best guitars for $500-$800 in these types.

take a gander at this. cant go wrong with ibanez

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-S570B-Electric-Guitar-584141-i1499768.gc
I'd honestly go with a Stratocaster, preferable one with a humbucker and two single-coils (HSS for short).
Ceci n'est pas une signature.