My friend and I were having an argument yesterday about counterstrike source. He is starting to get ideas that he could play professionally even though he only ever comes bottom to middle on pub servers, and his kdr is 0.54.

How good do you guys think you have to be to earn money from playing css, is such a thing is possible.
You need to have had at the very least -4 girlfriends to start playing CS professionally.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
a friend of a friend of mine was the best shaman of country on world of warcraft and he was paid to play xD, he was such a lifeless, man... don't go that way, spent ur free time on guitar it's way way way more amazing something real than something fake.

edit: i dunno if you get paid for playing css.... really i doubt it i mean... there must be world competitions but besides that i don't see why should they give you money.
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
Last edited by gutu at May 8, 2011,
Is Counterstrike a video game or something? I thought this was about the military.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
Is Counterstrike a video game or something? I thought this was about the military.

yes it's a online shooting game like call of duty if you heard of it....
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I'm pretty damn sure you'll have no life anyway if you play an MMO for cash.

Counterstrike is an FPS
DANK MEMES
Having played a game against the then-current world champion, Heaton, (he's a cousin to a classmate of mine) and Ninjas in Pyjamas, I'd say you have to be really good. There's no way one of those guys would ever have died a single death on a normal public server. Mad.
Quote by jesse music
How good do you guys think you have to be to earn money from playing css, is such a thing is possible.

I think the top guy makes a 6 figure income. But you have to be ~very~ good. A KDR of 0.54 is embarassingly bad
Quote by Jawkster
Counterstrike is an FPS
You know what MMO stands for, right? Massive Multiplayer Online. If it's an online game that a lot of people play, it's an MMO. Counterstrike just happens to be a FPS MMO.
Yeah, you'd have to finish at top every time to be good enough to even have a chance
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Counterstrike just happens to be a FPS MMO.

No.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You know what MMO stands for, right? Massive Multiplayer Online. If it's an online game that a lot of people play, it's an MMO. Counterstrike just happens to be a FPS MMO.

MMOs have hundreds of players at once. I don't know how many can play Counterstrike at once though.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by jesse music
32 I think is max. (64 maybe, but still 32 is a damn lot of players)

Not really. If you've ever played MAG, you can be playing with 255 other players on one map. Too bad no one plays it anymore
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
wow is it 2004 again?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
MMO - persistent game worlds, support for loads of players at once (hence 'massive') etc

An MMO first person shooter would be something like Planetside. Not Counter-Strike.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
My kdr right now is 0.0.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Scout1011
No.

i love posts like these. denying several sentences without any explanation, just "no"

(Invalid img)
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by SlipknotRule93

If you had a K/D ratio of 0.54 in the army you'd be a pretty naff solider.
Quote by izbbass
MMOs have hundreds of players at once. I don't know how many can play Counterstrike at once though.

I was being facetious...