Hi UG, I've got a Fender Blues Jr. that I've had since 5/25/09. Everything is all stock, never replaced the tubes or anything. Lately when I play I get this static sort of noise with the guitar sound and I don't know what it is... I've also noticed it happen when the amp gets hit slightly, like if you rest your hand down on it with not much force or put your guitar on it. Here's a link to a video with the noise:

http://s565.photobucket.com/albums/ss96/stratomaster15/?action=view&current=movie.mp4 (sorry for the troll face >.<

Can anyone help me figure out what this is? Thanks!

Edit: I know it's not the guitar or cables because I've tried different ones.
Squier Strat => Fulltone OCD => MXR Phase 90 => Boss DD-3 => Fender Blues Jr.
Last edited by grazzi at May 8, 2011,
if its not the guitar or cables, then its either your amp or your guitar skills xDDD probably your amp
try to play the guitar and the amp far from the computer and modem and stuff like that... mine does make noise... i know it ain't probly the same thing but try it... i got no other idea besides taking it to some1 who knows about that..
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
Probably not my guitar skills xD I at least have some confidence in those lol. I'm pretty sure it's my amp since if you tap the amp while nothing's even plugged into it it makes that noise... But what part of the amp specifically? Tubes?

Quote by gutu
try to play the guitar and the amp far from the computer and modem and stuff like that... mine does make noise... i know it ain't probly the same thing but try it... i got no other idea besides taking it to some1 who knows about that..

I play it far from my computer and even have played it in different locations and I get the same thing.
Well it's all wired stuff. I don't think any wireless signals will interfere with it.
Just because it doesnt have any wireless stuff doesn't mean it can't get interference. Wires can actually act like an antenna and send a wireless signal through the amp. Mine gets interference from my phone, tv, and laptop, so that's a possibility.
I don't think wireless signals would be making this sort of noise. Plus I just used it at a little outdoor show yesterday in a gazebo away from anything wireless and it still did it.
Pull all the tubes out and plug them back in again.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Pull all the tubes out and plug them back in again.

Yea. And use contact cleaner.