Hey ug, i had EMG's installed in my M-50 about a year ago by a tech. in the past 3-4 months ive been experiencing volume cuts and gain reduction when i use the volume knob of switch pickups. i usually have to figit the knob or switch a bit to get it back. is the problem faulty pots? the switch? or were the pickups just not soldered that well?

also as a side question, i want to block the "strat style" tremolo on the guitar, whats the best way to go about it?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Cyngus
if they are active try switching the battery

yea forgot yo mention changing the battery never seemed to help, tried it like with 3 different battery's, 18v mod and without
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
ok then i got nothing on that, but for the trem just stick something in front of the block, the best thing would be metal to add more sustain
You should solder out those pots, and check their resistance. I assume it is 25kohms for those actives. Check that with multimeter. And if you see cold solderings (big balls of tin) remove them and put new tin on it.

if Resistance has big decrease / increase change the pot.
Last edited by Laterr at May 8, 2011,
Quote by Cyngus
ok then i got nothing on that, but for the trem just stick something in front of the block, the best thing would be metal to add more sustain

do they sell metal trem blocks at places?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
anyone else?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
You could just cut a piece of wood to stick in the back of the trem. I've never heard of a trem block being sold.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans