Hey all.
I have made 2 youtube videos one Hendrix inspired riff and one Van Halen inspired riff.
But I never tried to play them before, I know the first 3 chords of little wing and at Van Halen I read that he used 2 note chords and plays lead fills.
But I still managed to make a Hendrix and Van Halen sound riff, note that it is what I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6gYdhwRqQo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RezLvRrxXo
1) Lemme Start out by saying that they're pretty cool and whatnot. The Van Halen one sounded cool and very VH inspired. The Jimi one sounded... good. It was a little weird but it was probably just how your guitar naturally sounds, so not a big deal.

and 2) These thread is going to get closed very quickly. Try posting you recordings in this sub-forum: The Recordings Sub-Forurm
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
1) Lemme Start out by saying that they're pretty cool and whatnot. The Van Halen one sounded cool and very VH inspired. The Jimi one sounded... good. It was a little weird but it was probably just how your guitar naturally sounds, so not a big deal.

and 2) These thread is going to get closed very quickly. Try posting you recordings in this sub-forum: The Recordings Sub-Forurm

Thanks, the guitar was in a split setting of the bridge and middle pickup.
But how was the Jimi ''influence''?
Don't get me wrong, it sounded like you were playing like Jimi. The notes were there, it just didn't sound like Jimi. He had a very iconic sound that many people spend hundreds and thousand of dollars try to recreate. It's not a fault of ability or skill.

It's kind of like "Smoke on the Water." Everyone and their dog knows how to play it, but just because you can play it right doesn't mean you'll sound like Ritchie Blackmore. Does that make sense?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
No offense but you realise the Nighthawk competition are supposed to be erm, nighthawk the stupid andertons hero, themed.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
No offense but you realise the Nighthawk competition are supposed to be erm, nighthawk the stupid andertons hero, themed.

Maybe the Nighthawk loved Jimi I don't know.
By the way I had 3 videos.
One is a riff with more attitude.
No, a in its meant to be like a theme tune kinda riff.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
No, a in its meant to be like a theme tune kinda riff.

Whatever man.
Actually if I won't get a place fine, it's just I want a new guitar, and well this one was just too easy.
Just write a riff and see what happens.
Quote by kangaxxter
Don't get me wrong, it sounded like you were playing like Jimi. The notes were there, it just didn't sound like Jimi. He had a very iconic sound that many people spend hundreds and thousand of dollars try to recreate. It's not a fault of ability or skill.

It's kind of like "Smoke on the Water." Everyone and their dog knows how to play it, but just because you can play it right doesn't mean you'll sound like Ritchie Blackmore. Does that make sense?

Yes.
But let me repeat I never played any Hendrix songs except 3 chords of little wing.
And I also wrote a reggea song from just what I've heard of it.
I mean I hear things and translate them to my guitar when I hear reggea in my head, what I did, then I have a new reggea song.
Actually what my father played once and a few times on the radio made me write a reggea song.
EDIT: It's an Ibanez RG, those are meant for shredding and leads not Hendrix.
Last edited by liampje at May 8, 2011,
I'm trying to help you out?

whatever

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I'm trying to help you out?

whatever

No offense but this is an excuse for me to just make a new youtube vid.
And a new guitar is also nice.
....which you wont win.

Anyway....

Reported.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb