Hi this is my first post on UG . I have been playing for around about 6 month i have had previous experience playing a number of years ago but not anywhere near to where i am at now. I find my self advancing very well with chords and also barre chords i find it all coming very quickly as i practice 2 to 3 times a day or even when i have nothing else to do i have my trusty tanglewood in my hand.The problem i have is my strumming some songs i can play brilliantly others even though the chords are right just dont sound right they sound awkward or loud when they shouldnt be and quiet when they shouldnt be i wondered if anyone could give me some advice my guitar teacher say that this will come in time he said this about other things and he was right .So if he is right how long and can anyone help me . When he plays a song it sounds amazing when i play its the right chords but doesnt sound as good as him my transitions are very good Help PLease Thank yyou ....... Oh Yeah would a metronome help???
Last edited by worthy79 at May 8, 2011,
Start listening to the dynamics of how your teacher is playing the song.

It will come in time, but instead of concentrating so much on the chord, listen to how the chord is played.

Also practice getting clean chord sounds, and watch where your fingers are, and that they're not blocking other strings.

Paul Gilbert is a god.
Form the chord with your left hand and strum each string individually to see if they're all ringing out right. Do that with all of them you're having trouble with.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
Quote by mark3777
I always consult paul gilbert in times like this

While Paul can do anything, he's more of a shredder and the OP sounds like more of a strummer.
Quote by AtomicBirdy
While Paul can do anything, he's more of a shredder and the OP sounds like more of a strummer.

His tips are still worth picking up regardless of what kind of player you are though.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
The only chords which dont ring perfect is certain barre chords . I can play certain songs and can here the tune but it just does'nt lways sound right think it may just be a case of time. Thanks You Guys