Recently I noticed one of my guitars (An Epiphone Les Paul Special II) stopped outputting distortion when plugged into my amp. Other guitars that I play on the amp sound fine and the distortion works, however when I plug my Special II in I get barely any gain whatsoever and the it doesn't sound right at all. I noticed it after I accidentally tripped and put strain on my patch chord, but I have tried using other chords and still no avail. Can anyone give me any ideas about what might be wrong? Could I have shorted a wire or something in the guitar?
try a clean setting and if the same thing happens, take it to a shop
this signature has my gear in it. nothing more, nothing less

Gear
Ibanez S770PB
Jackson Rhoads
Custom Strat
Agile Al 3100
Rainbow Music Shop Custom Les Paul
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bugera 6260 212
Line 6 Spider III
First, check if the guitar has active pickups, like EMG's. I doubt that the guitar has them but might as well check if there is a battery compartment on the back of the guitar. If there is, the batteries that provide the preamp are dead and should be replaced. If this is not the case, check if both pickups give distortion when pluggged in. If only one gives distortion, then one pickup is messed up. When I had a problem like this with one of my pickups, I jiggled the toggle switch back and forth and the distortion came back. Good luck getting gain back!
I did the same thing with my ML a while back, and the input jack wouldn't recieve a signal unless I turned the cord a certain way into the port. As it turns out one of the soldering points in the input jack came undone(Dean quality control's lenient on the quality of solder points, my ML also came with the switch and neck pickup not soldered in and the port came undone earlier, two months after I got it). Check your port, if one of the wires isn't connected to the jack, which could be what happened, you can just solder it back on easily. If not that, take it to a tech. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
You probably disconnected a wire in your input jack. Low end Epiphones are notorious for basically having shit for electronics. It's a <5 minute fix, if you have a soldering iron. You might as well redo all of your wiring while you're at it, since I guarantee something else will eventually fail in there. You can kill two birds with one stone ahead of time if you just do it all now.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You probably disconnected a wire in your input jack. Low end Epiphones are notorious for basically having shit for electronics. It's a <5 minute fix, if you have a soldering iron. You might as well redo all of your wiring while you're at it, since I guarantee something else will eventually fail in there. You can kill two birds with one stone ahead of time if you just do it all now.

Thanks a bunch I'll give it a whirl
Make sure your tone dials are right up.........I've seen it before.
took a peek inside of it and all the wiring is intact, don't a soldering iron so I can't do any rewiring right now, but everything looks intact. clean setting does work however the volume is very low. don't think its the toggle switch because it still switches between treble, rhythm, and in between.